President Ceo Jobs Vacancy in Opportunity International Canada Toronto
Opportunity International Canada Toronto urgently required following position for President Ceo. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
President Ceo Jobs Vacancy in Opportunity International Canada Toronto Jobs Details:
Opportunity International Canada provides access to savings, small business loans, insurance and training to 9.6 million people working their way out of poverty in the developing world. Clients in 22 countries use these financial services to expand businesses, provide for their families, create jobs for their neighbors and build a safety net for the future.
We are searching for an inspiring executive with a passionate heart for sharing God’s love by serving the vulnerable and less fortunate of the developing world, to lead the organization as the President & CEO. The leader who is successful will demonstrate strategic and visionary leadership by living out the fruits of the Spirit in the development and direction of the organization’s plan and annual budget, to advance the local mission in alignment with international mandates.
The President & CEO oversees all Canadian operations to ensure expansion of the donor base and ongoing market development by leveraging his/her superior marketing, communications and public relation skills and abilities. Reporting to the Board of Directors and this executive leads the organization with a clear sense of direction and purpose, modelling the Christian faith by fostering a culture of collaboration, integrity, love, high moral values and a passion for the poor.
The Key Responsibilities
- Develops and delivers the annual operational plan and implements the three-year strategic plan to advance the organization's mission, vision, values and objectives;
- Leads fundraising activities including having direct personal involvement in expanding the donor base, enhancing funding opportunities and raising significant financial resources to further the local and global impact of helping those less fortunate;
- Encourages entrepreneurial innovation and creativity in the development of new products and project opportunities as required;
- Leverages personal and business contacts by engaging in personal face time and relationship development with key donors to secure exceptional funding;
- Ensures budgets are annually established and maintained; continually monitoring and directing the organization to assess the most appropriate allocation of funds, while controlling and managing costs;
- Provides ongoing interaction and updates to the Board of Directors, including quarterly documented reports, while efficiently and effectively responding to direction provided by the Board;
- Ensures available and appropriate resources are allocated to advertising, and recruitment and selection activities to attract and develop the people required to attain the organizational objectives;
- Clearly articulates and models the organization’s mission, vision and values to all employees, including expounding the benefits of micro finance by capturing and telling the stories of lives impacted by the organization through loans, secure savings, education, agriculture and other products;
- Positively represents, and endorses the organization, increasing organizational exposure locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally;
- Confidently presents the organization’s reports at the quarterly Board of Director meetings;
The Required Qualifications
- A minimum of a University Bachelor’s Degree or similar relevant educational qualification with 10+ years of progressively responsible international business development experience in increasingly senior leadership roles;
- Private/public and the not for profit sector experience, ideally within an international, interdenominational, Christian faith based organization, with a proven track record of successful fundraising;
- Evidenced personal cultural intelligence and international sensitivity through significant previous multi-national experiences;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential for success, with Spanish language communication and comprehension being a definite asset;
- Proven networking and negotiating skills supplement excellent verbal abilities to facilitate presentations and public relation interactions;
- A demonstrated record of mentoring and developing people with an exceptional understanding of what tasks and responsibilities to delegate and to whom;
- Proven abilities to analyze, interpret, understand and report on periodic financial statements including Balance Sheets, and Income Statements, and other relevant metrics related to the ministry;
- A demonstrated spiritual maturity evidenced through Christ’s love in all aspects of his/her life, with a fervor for serving and a heart for the poor. A passion for the organization’s vision and mission and the vulnerable of the world, which is evidenced through the individual’s faith walk and his/her philanthropic activities. This leader will have.
The Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The multi-faceted, multi-location Canadian environment is virtual office based, with work and interactions occurring across a variety of time zones.
- The executive will function in multiple, virtual office environments and utilize available technology to accomplish the key accountabilities.
- Frequent face to face meetings and presentations to small and large groups, as well as corporations and individuals is necessary.
- Goal oriented, agenda driven domestic and international travel involving multi-day, overnight stays is required to locales and sites supported by the organization.
- The international environment can vary with respect to safety, health and health care availability.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- progressively responsible international business fundraising: 10 years