Program Manager Jobs Vacancy in Ministry Health And Long Term Care Kingston
Ministry Health And Long Term Care Kingston urgently required following position for Program Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Manager Jobs Vacancy in Ministry Health And Long Term Care Kingston Jobs Details:
Are you looking for a management opportunity which will allow you to showcase your strong leadership, organization, coordination and planning skills? If so, then consider this opportunity with the Health Services Branch of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
What can I expect to do in this role? In this role you will:
- Develop policy related to Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) programs
- Lead the transition from policy development to program implementation.
- Implement recommendations arising from the review of Ministry programs, their reform and/or transition.
- Develop, monitor and enforce accountability, agreements, relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on program design, service delivery systems and operations in accordance with stewardship principles and objectives.
- Identify opportunities for internal efficiencies and process and quality improvements.
How do I qualify? LEADERSHIP, SUPERVISORY, AND TEAM-BUILDING SKILLS:
- You have the ability to motivate and lead staff, ensuring effective operational services and issues management
- You can set targets, standards, and best practices and encourage collaboration, improvement and innovations
- You are able to evaluate and manage performance
- You have the proven ability to manage labour relations matters.
- You can plan and manage projects and initiatives regarding the assigned programs and provider models
BUSINESS AND PROGRAM PLANNING SKILLS:
- You are able to promote/identify possible improvement in activities/processes (e.g. opportunities for mitigating risks and for enhancing quality assurance in program management)
- You have demonstrated ability to identify gaps, issues, and opportunities to recommend policy or program changes
- You have the ability to manage an operational budget and resources for both near and long-term purposes
RESEARCH, ANALYTICAL AND CONCEPTUAL SKILLS:
- You have the ability to lead the research, analysis, development and coordination of OHIP policies and programs
- You are able to identify and resolve complex and contentious health service and related issues
- You have the ability to lead the review and development of policies, programs, procedures, standards and guidelines
CONSULTATION, COMMUNICATIONS, NEGOTIATION, FACILITATION AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT SKILLS:
- You can initiate, develop and maintain effective relations with key internal and external stakeholders
- You have negotiation and persuasion skills to make convincing recommendations and presentations
- You can provide oral and written advice to stakeholders
HEALTH CARE KNOWLEDGE:
- You have knowledge of the health care system, health care delivery, health care programs and funding mechanisms
- You have demonstrated knowledge of or the ability to interpret government related legislation, regulations, policies, processes and directions (e.g. Health Insurance Act, Personal Health Information and Protection Act, Commitment to the Future of Medicare Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Regulated Health Professions Act and related regulated health professions legislation)
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Permanent, 1055 Princess St, Kingston, East Region, General Screening Requirement
- The number of positions to be filled has been identified at this time. This competition will be used to fill upcoming opportunities within the next twenty-four months.
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.