Director Operations Jobs Vacancy in Dyson Toronto
Dyson Toronto urgently required following position for Director Operations. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Operations Jobs Vacancy in Dyson Toronto Jobs Details:
Dyson is a global technology company. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different. Our team of more than 3,500 engineers and scientists are about better ideas and better technologies, to solve the problems that others often ignore.
Dyson currently has five main areas of technology - floorcare, environmental control, hair care, Airblade™ hand dryers and lighting - and is sold in more than 75 countries. We have committed a $3 billion investment in future technology and will develop four new portfolios of technology in the next four years.
This year, we opened technology centres in Singapore, Shanghai and a second UK campus, Hullavington. While also opening the doors to the first cohort of Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology undergraduate engineers, a different approach to university level engineering education.
Market Overview Dyson (www.dysoncanada.ca) is about solving problems others seem to ignore and finding new ways to make everyday things work better. In 1978, James Dyson became frustrated with his vacuum cleaner’s diminishing performance. Five years and 5,127 prototypes later, he invented the world’s first bagless cyclonic vacuum cleaner. Today, we are 5,000 people strong across the world and are still focused on invention and improvement. We’ve designed bladeless fans and heaters, the most powerful cordless stick vacuum powered by our Dyson digital motor and fast hygienic hand dryers that work in 12 seconds. Most recently, we’ve introduced purifiers, humidifiers, lighting and robots to our portfolio and our engineers continue to work on a pipeline of technology that stretches 25 years.
Dyson has a reputation for developing products that are both different and better. But coming up with revolutionary products is just the beginning – a big part of our success is ensuring the right product is in the right place. This is where our Logistics& Supply Chain team comes in.
Function Overview Reporting to the VP of Finance Canada & LATAM, the role will lead the Supply Chain function for Dyson Canada through a period of rapid growth, ensuring appropriate and timely supply of inventory to the business and consumers. The role will lead the Dyson Workshop in optimizing productivity and costs whilst scaling for increase business size and new, complex technology. The position will embed financial rigour across all aspects of Operations.
- Drive cost savings across the entire Operations functions
- Embed routine financial analysis and reporting
- Use financial analysis to optimize processes
- Renegotiate rates with Dyson’s 3PL
- Partner with 3PL to drive cost savings and efficiencies across supply chain
- Hold 3PL accountable for Direct and Retailer service levels
- Drive the Dyson Direct agenda with optimal shipping propositions for Canada
- Tailor Global Logistics initiatives and implement in Canada
Demand & Supply Planning
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels for the Canadian market
- Drive Forecast accuracy to exceed Dyson targets
- Manage spares & Accessories inventory to appropriate levels
Service & Refurbishment
- Implement rigorous cost management in the Workshop
- Ensure appropriate balance of productivity and quality through the operation
- Ensure global best practices embedded within the Workshop
- Scale the workshop for New Technology
- Partner with Customer Service Team to determine requirement for Dyson Service Centres/Field Service Engineers and support their creation
- Manage the move to new Workshop location
- Experience implementing and driving change across a business
- Ability to forge strong cross functional relationships
- Experience managing large external service providers
- Experience leading large, complex teams through periods of rapid growth
- Experience working within a global/regional matrix organisation
- The role is potential successor to Director of Finance & Operations positions within the Americas or globally
Experience and Education
· 10+ years logistics and/or operations experience required
· 3+ years’ experience in a CPG company required
· CPA (or equivalent) preferred
· SAP/APO experience strongly preferred
· EDI experience preferred
· Experience of light manufacturing or refurbishment an asset
· Strong customer focus with a sensitivity to customer needs
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Ability to partner effectively with internal and external teams
· Ability to partner and influence across the organization
· Experience driving change across multiple levels
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· High level of aptitude for business math, numerical reasoning, and creative problem solving
· Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
· Ingenious - Sees opportunities where others see problems; gets the answer by thinking hard
· Explorer - Curious, diverse and inclusive; looks for the route to invention, seeks out things that are different
· Architect-setting and raising the bar, providing clarity and honesty, coaching and developing talent
Benefits Overview Dyson Canada monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, vacation and retirement savings contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy profit-related bonuses, life insurance, and family health and dental benefits. But financial incentives are just one of the rewards of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular coaching and learning. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition .