Coordinator Live Events Jobs Vacancy in Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment Toronto
Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment Toronto urgently required following position for Coordinator Live Events. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Coordinator Live Events Jobs Vacancy in Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment Toronto Jobs Details:
**PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A MATERNITY LEAVE CONTRACT POSITION UNTIL FEBRUARY 28, 2019**
MLSE is one of North America’s leading providers of unimaginable experiences. We are the parent company of the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), and Toronto Marlies (AHL). Our talented group of professionals are accountable for delivering everything our teams need to win. At the end of the day, our mission is simple: bring the world to its feet.
POSITION OVERVIEW As a vital member of our Live Entertainment team, you will facilitate the successful coordination of NHL, NBA, MLS, CFL & AHL home games as well as Live concerts.
- Act as main contact for internal departments planning & executing events on sporting event game days - Global Partnerships, Ticket Sales & Service, Community Relations, Marketing and Game Operations.
- Act as main liaison with operational departments to communicate event details and balance all event requirements – F&B, Security, Event Personnel, Fan Services, Ticket Operations, Venue Operations, Building Operations, and Merchandise.
- Assist Team Services with scheduling of game day ice & field usage as well as practice requirements.
- Facilitate event execution thru thorough completion of Event Details & Event Estimates
- Set up event floor & site plans using customized AutoCad program (some training will be provided)
- Report through the Live Events Manager, ensuring all event staff are briefed and coached on league best practices and expectations.
- Liaise with Communications department to execute successful team press events; pre & post game press conferences, new player announcements, and all other pertinent press related matters.
- Organize and chair, as assigned, event production meetings with internal staff and event promoters to determine promoter/event/building requirements
- Prepare, distribute and track event cost estimates, expense summaries and event activation details to all departments, ensuring accurate communication on all event aspects
- Determine, place orders for, and confirm internal & external work orders & rental supply orders are complete and signed off
- Generate event cost estimates for clients after consultation with promoters and MLSE departments, ensuring accuracy, thoroughness, and adherence to operational policies/procedures
- Manage third party contractual agreements; ensure all Event License Agreements and obligations are adhered to
- Prepare all expense documentation, including backup as required, for event settlements & assist in the charting & tracking of event cost trends
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all union collective bargaining agreements in place
- Provide assistance to other areas and venues as requested
- A minimum of 2-5 years experience in event management; ability to manage budgets and event settlements, capable of leading large and diverse groups of people, and providing exceptional client service
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- Previous venue operations or professional league experience an asset.
- Proven ability to listen, understand and communicate effectively
- A self-starter with a mature, professional attitude and presence
- The capacity to learn and grasp new concepts quickly
- Proven time management skills,
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with adherence to a strict deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop professional relationships
- Familiarity with Collective Bargaining Agreements is an asset
- A positive, winning approach, incorporating personal integrity, confidentiality, and professional discretion & decorum.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.