Customer Facing Technician Catharines Permanent Full Time Jobs Vacancy in Cogeco St. Catharines
- Customer Facing Technician Catharines Permanent Full Time
- St. Catharines ON
- 18 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
Cogeco St. Catharines urgently required following position for Customer Facing Technician Catharines Permanent Full Time. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Customer Facing Technician Catharines Permanent Full Time Jobs Vacancy in Cogeco St. Catharines Jobs Details:
In accordance with established procedures, policies and available tools, the incumbent is responsible for installing, operating and maintaining all products and aspects of the network including drop, plant, and associated equipment to Cogeco and Industry Canada standards and to the customer’s satisfaction. It is expected all work functions are performed in a manner to ensure the highest level of quality customer service is achieved. This consists of, but is not limited to; installation calls including connections, adds, moves, changes and deletions of services, and service related work.
Responsibilities KEY RESPONSIBILITIES – INSTALLS
- Regularly performs but not limited to residential installations, connections, service additions and disconnections of all Cogeco services. Installs, tests, troubleshoots and repairs as required to bring services up to Cogeco/ industry standards
- Educates customers on the use of all related Cogeco products and services.
- Performs all work in accordance with Health and Safety Standards utilizing Personal Protective Equipment.
- Highlights and up sells the features and benefits of Cogeco products/services; motivate customers to choose Cogeco as their exclusive service provider. Strives to retain customers wishing to cancel or downgrade their services.
- Identifies and reports any substandard quality through the Cogeco referral processes.
- Ensures the vehicle, test equipment and other assigned tools and equipment are maintained in excellent condition.
- Performs various administrative duties such as completing and maintaining accurate system records, activity reports and support documentation.
- Building and fostering positive relationships with all customers, identifying their needs and responding in a timely manner with the utmost professionalism.
- A Blended Technicians role combines all of the installation roles and responsibilities as identified above along with the additional responsibilities listed below.
- Performs service and repair work from multi-tap to customer premise equipment in a safe and controlled manner.
- Performs, but not limited to servicing of, multi-product installations and change of service and disconnects following Cogeco approved methods. Educates customers on the correct use of all related Cogeco products and services.
- Operates and understands the use of test equipment related to 2-way services for the HFC environment including, signal level meters, leakage monitors, cable locators and other test equipment as it pertains to their role.
- As new technology is introduced such as HFC network the technician maybe required to perform additional tasks as required such as Fiber Splicing upon receiving sufficient training.
- Escalates issues as required to appropriate Cogeco department or supplier and ensures follow-up of outstanding issues.
- Attends Cogeco and Industry training and developmental events to maintain technical skills and knowledge. Provides reports on such activity.
- Performs other duties/tasks as assigned.
- As part of their work, employees must take all necessary measures to ensure their own health and safety, and that of their co-workers and the public in general. They must use available personal protective equipment at all times, and comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by the Company
- To support Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current and potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs.
Requirements ACADEMIC TRAINING
• College diploma or combination of equivalent education and experience
• Diploma in Electronics, CATV, Telecommunications or related technical training certificate would be an asset.
• A+ certification an asset
• Minimum 3 years experience in a related position required
• CATV System or relevant experience in the telecom industry preferred.
• Installation experience with interconnect company or VoIP key system installation would be an asset
• Mechanical aptitude required to complete required repairs and corrections.
• General understanding of broadband, cable telecommunications or Internet industries and technology preferred.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in working with HFC Networks, Telephony, PSTN and PBX environments and troubleshooting techniques preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to following and encouraging safe work practices.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service focus.
• Must be people and team oriented and have demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
• Superior organizational and analytical skills with the ability to independently manage multiple priorities.
• Must be PC literate, and must have good working knowledge of Internet and MS Office applications (e.g.: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access).
• Self motivated and able to work independently and take initiative in identifying and resolving problems.
• Valid Ontario driver’s license and eligibility to drive Cogeco vehicles.
• Flexibility required with respect to hours of work as business needs change
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND VISUAL ACUITY
• Frequently required to lift up to 70 lbs and work on fibreglass extension ladders, operate hand and power tools and electronic test equipment.
• Required to work in all weather conditions