Administrative Assistant Welcome Home Canada Program Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Museum Immigration Pier Halifax
- Administrative Assistant Welcome Home Canada Program
- Canadian Museum Immigration Pier
- Halifax NS
- 09 Feb, 2018 13 days ago
Canadian Museum Immigration Pier Halifax urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant Welcome Home Canada Program. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Welcome Home Canada Program Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Museum Immigration Pier Halifax Jobs Details:
Welcome Home to Canada Program – 2018
Presented by TD Bank Group and
Supported by the R. Howard Webster Foundation You are eligible if you are:
- A permanent resident* of Canada
*A permanent resident is someone who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada, but is not a Canadian citizen. Permanent residents are citizens of other countries. ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp )
- A Canadian citizen born outside of Canada
- A protected person as defined in Section 95 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act who is legally entitled to work in Canada and Nova Scotia
- Facing barriers to employment. Barriers may include non-transferable credentials, lack of Canadian work experience and linguistic barriers.
Wages: $12.35 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours a week with 30 minutes (or 1 hour) unpaid lunch break. As the Museum operates 7 days a week, the work week may include Saturdays and/or Sundays.
Duration: Six month, hourly position starting in May 1, 2018 and ending in October 31, 2018.
Application Deadline: 11:59 p.m. on April 2, 2018.
How to Apply: Applications can be sent through an employment counsellor/ support worker/ caseworker to Ramya Rangalle, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting to the Procurement and Administration Manager the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing professional and comprehensive administrative support to both visitors and internal staff members in order to ensure that the Museum’s services are provided in an effective and efficient manner, reflective of the organization’s mandate. Supporting a team of professionals, the Administrative Assistant demonstrates initiative and works as an enthusiastic team member in accordance with the organization’s office routines and procedures.
- Welcomes and greets clients and visitors to the mezzanine reception area, answers queries and directs visitors to the appropriate staff person
- Maintains mezzanine area and ensures brochures, magazines, newsletters are available for reference
- Ensures the adequate supply of stationery and equipment
- Maintains the organization’s filing systems and ensures that these systems are up-to-date (paper and digital)
- Updates contract management database (data entry support)
- Updates content for Museum intranet
- Provides support for planning and execution of internal events
- Ensures that mezzanine equipment is in working order
- Makes necessary preparations for internal meetings (i.e. room availability, coffee, etc.)
- Provides support to Museum departments for mail-outs and large scale events
- Performs other support duties as required ensuring smooth and efficient operation of the organization
- Reports risk issues to the Procurement and Administration Manager
- Post-secondary education in a field relating to customer service, tourism, office administration or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of customer service skills and knowledge
- Well-developed communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to develop working relationships with all members of the organization creating a strong team environment
- Confidence in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Work is in an office environment
- 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Requires lifting and moving objects up to 20 kg