Manager Financial Advice Jobs Vacancy in Cibc Vancouver
Cibc Vancouver urgently required following position for Manager Financial Advice. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Financial Advice Jobs Vacancy in Cibc Vancouver Jobs Details:
- Client Experience - Lead by example and model how to deepen client relationships and meet client financial needs while providing a high standard of customer service. Drive the client experience by encouraging employees to quickly resolve client complaints, escalating when necessary, and manage complex issues. Empower clients to utilize self-service channels.
- Results Driven Leadership - Build a culture of collaboration across multiple client offers so that clients are served by those best able to meet their financial needs. Support the Banking Centre Leader in monitoring business performance and put action plans in place to close any gaps. Work collaboratively with all partners to maximize market opportunities and increase the Banking Centre’s overall performance. Manage and minimize risk to safeguard our bank, clients and shareholders.
- People Leadership - Actively recognize the contributions of your team to foster a positive, collaborative and productive working environment. Lead and coach a successful financial services team, and help them identify opportunities to refer clients to the right team members who can meet their needs. Advocate CIBC within the community to recruit employees who share and demonstrate our values.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You are a bold and authentic leader. You're passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have led diverse, high performing teams.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- You’re a certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing Mutual Funds License (Canadian Securities Course or Investment Funds In Canada). It’s an asset if you’ve completed any of the following: Branch Compliance Officer’s Course (BCO), Branch Managers Examination Course (BME), Conducts & Practices Handbook (CPH) Wealth Management Essentials (WME); or Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- You must be flexible to work hours based on our banking centre operations, and this may involve evenings and weekends. You’ll also be required to travel occasionally