Paralegal Unsecured Transactions Creditor Practice Jobs Vacancy in Boyneclarke Llp Dartmouth
- Paralegal Unsecured Transactions Creditor Practice
- Boyneclarke Llp
- Dartmouth NS
- 17 May, 2018 3 days ago
Boyneclarke Llp Dartmouth urgently required following position for Paralegal Unsecured Transactions Creditor Practice. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Paralegal Unsecured Transactions Creditor Practice Jobs Vacancy in Boyneclarke Llp Dartmouth Jobs Details:
- Do you want a career in a law firm that rewards you for a commitment to an excellent work product?
- Are you looking for an employer who facilitates a team-working environment?
- Are you tired of commuting in rush hour traffic to Halifax?
- Does state-of-the-art Document Management technology interest you?
Look no further. BOYNECLARKE LLP is a dynamic, fast-growing Dartmouth law firm. We are seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic and organized Paralegal to work with the Unsecured division of our Creditor Practice Team.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily update of file statuses via financial institution systems (online highways) as well as updating in the document management system (Prolaw);
- Complete verifications for judgment enforcement, including order related searches (property, judgment, Equifax, and skip trace) as they pertain to the file and action and update clients accordingly;
- Prepare legal documents related to garnishments including execution orders, letters to Sheriff Services, etc. and update clients accordingly;
- Prepare legal documents and related steps for Sale of Land Under Execution including property and judgment searches, letter to debtor, Execution Orders, letters to Bailiffs and related payouts/settlements;
- Process and complete all documentation to complete judgment renewal on existing judgments and update/verify with clients;
- Prepare paper files for next stages;
- Update and maintain Prolaw files;
- Update online highways for client communication;
- Preparation of all related legal documents;
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of client/file information within Prolaw and the electronic highways;
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Graduate of a Legal Assistant or Paralegal diploma program with previous legal experience with an emphasis on collections or foreclosure work;
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven organization skills;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple deadlines;
- Critical thinking coupled with strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to deal directly with clients using superior communication skills;
- Outstanding computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel with the ability to learn new software quickly;
- A positive team player.
BOYNECLARKE LLP provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, life and dependent life insurance, Group RSP, EAP and Health & Wellness initiatives; salary to be commensurate with experience. We offer a friendly and professional work environment. Our offices are located in Metropolitan Place, 99 Wyse Road in downtown Dartmouth across the street from the Dartmouth Sportsplex. BOYNECLARKE LLP supports equity in employment and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply to our firm. Our website offers more information about our firm. Please reply in confidence to:
Director of Human Resources
PO. Box 876
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 3Z5
Job Type: Full-time