Junior Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Oak Fort Vancouver
Oak Fort Vancouver urgently required following position for Junior Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Junior Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Oak Fort Vancouver Jobs Details:
Since our inception in 2010, OAK+FORT has curated collections that reflect our design philosophies. OAK + FORT is a belief that fashion should be uncomplicated and thoughtfully designed. We are not distracted or fettered by trends. We will continue to provide attainable luxury to like-minded individuals.
As the Junior Accountant, you will support the day-to-day operations Accounting functions, with a focus on inventory management. The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years experience in accounting, office administration, with strong verbal and written communication skills. Those with multi-branch retail background will excel in this position.
- Manage payable accounts for inventory purchases;
- Ensure accuracy of Purchase Orders, Sales Orders, vendor billings and custom clearance documents;
- Verify the accuracy of inventory records and monitor inventory movements;
- Act as a liaison with relevant departments to ensure compliance with internal controls on inventory distribution;
- Reconcile inventory accounts to the general ledger;
- Assist with inventory analysis including inventory valuation and reconciliation to track current inventory level;
- Assist with general account analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, prepaid expenses, inventory accounts, etc.;
- Ensure accounting records are entered timely and accurately to enable timely financial closing processes;
- Ensure all practices, financial records and statements are in compliance with relevant policies and procedures;
- Participate in ERP workflow improvements;
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in accounting or a similar capacity
- 2+ years of accounting experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and knowledge of accounting principles, and GAAP
- Excellent communications skills, both in verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and able to prioritize tasks
- Systematic bookkeeping skills with working knowledge of Sage50 (formally Simply Accounting), and strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Able to handle confidential information professionally and in an ethical manner
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Strong work ethic, energetic, positive attitude and flexible
- Ability to work independently, and enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment
- Previous experience with NetSuite, the ERP system (inventory and costing modules)
- Inventory management, costing experience
- Previous accounting experience in retail industry