Foundry General Labourer Saw Benefits Pension Monthly Incentive Jobs Vacancy in Matalco Inc Brampton
- Foundry General Labourer Saw Benefits Pension Monthly Incentive
- Matalco Inc
- Brampton ON
- 09 Feb, 2018 13 days ago
Matalco Inc Brampton urgently required following position for Foundry General Labourer Saw Benefits Pension Monthly Incentive. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Foundry General Labourer Saw Benefits Pension Monthly Incentive Jobs Vacancy in Matalco Inc Brampton Jobs Details:
Matalco Inc. operates a manufacturing facility in Brampton, Ontario which produces 6000 series extrusion grade aluminum billet/log. Matalco Inc. is a Platinum Award Member of the Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies program, which recognizes excellence in private Canadian-owned companies.
Matalco Inc. is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Crew Member – Industrial Automated Saw Opeartor. This is a full time position offering a total rewards package, including competitive base salary, performance incentive plan, group benefits and pension; with opportunities for career advancement in a growing company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for completing all assigned duties in a safe, efficient and effective manner. All duties must be performed in accordance with Matalco Inc.’s policies and procedures. This position will train on day shift from Monday to Friday from 8:00AM to 4:30PM. Upon the completion of the training period the following schedule will apply:
7:00AM – 7:00PM – Week 1 - Monday/Tuesday/Friday/Saturday - Week 2 –Wednesday/Thursday
7:00PM – 7:00AM - Week 3 - Monday/Tuesday/Friday/Saturday - Week 4 – Wednesday/Thursday
The responsibilities, work conditions, essential skills and physical capabilities listed below are meant to provide a description of the requirements related to this position. However, the list below is not inclusive of all responsibilities and conditions associated with this position. Assigned duties may vary from time to time at the discretion of the Company.
- Operate industrial saw, select cutting sequence;
- General housekeeping as required e.g. cleaning of sensors at the beginning of each shift etc.;
- Provide coverage for other production staff if/when required.
- Operate/troubleshoot automated strapping machine, some manual strapping will be required;
- Crosstrain in a multitude of production related areas (e.g. Casting, Rotary Furnace, Saw);
- Operate overhead crane when/if required;
- Operate forklift when/if required;
- Operate combilift when/if required;
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
WORK CONDITIONS, ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Attention to detail will be required;
- Reading/writing and document use;
- Mathematical ability;
- Working with others;
- Decision making;
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. from time to time;
- Standing, climbing, bending and crouching will be required.
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications listed below represent the minimum requirements for this position. Additional experience/qualifications will be preferred.
- Must exhibit Matalco’s Core Values of Respect, Ethics, Service, Team and Pride.
- Previous experience with industrial saw operation will be considered an asset;
- Previous experience operating counterbalance forklift is required;
- Previous experience operating overhead crane is preferred;
- Proven ability to demonstrate good communication skills (verbal/written) with a positive attitude;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent is preferred but not required.
At Matalco Inc. we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. Matalco Inc. is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Rotating Continental Shift: 1 year
- Overhead Crane: 1 year
- Forklift Operation: 1 year
- Machine Operator: 1 year
- Automated Industreal Saw: 1 year
- High school or equivalent