Clinical Research Project Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Sickkids Toronto
Sickkids Toronto urgently required following position for Clinical Research Project Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Clinical Research Project Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Sickkids Toronto Jobs Details:
Medical Psychiatry Alliance
Clinical Research Project Assistant
The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) and three major GTA institutions, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH), Trillium Health Partners (THP) and the University of Toronto (UofT) have come together to form the Medical Psychiatry Alliance (MPA) to develop new, integrated approaches across clinical care, medical education and research to improve care for patients with co-existing physical and mental illnesses.
The MPA at Sickkids is currently seeking a part time Clinical Research Project Assistant to work closely with the MPA project leads and project evaluation team supporting the evaluation of various clinical projects. The successful candidate will work in a matrix reporting environment and will support the project leads and Implementation and Evaluation Lead. The clinical projects include the Family Therapy Treatment Seminar (FTTS), Mind-Body Connection (MBC) Group, Brief Therapy, and Tuning in Group, among others as necessary.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively to gather and process data, including data quality checks, prepare preliminary summary reports and report results to the project leads. You must have excellent critical thinking, problem solving skills, as well as writing and oral communication skills. Time-management skills are also essential, as you must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
Here’s What You’ll Get to Do:
- Collaborate with Project Leads and Implementation and Evaluation Lead in planning and implementing evaluation strategies for various projects and clinical groups
- Organize project and ethics reviews/amendments, and track deadlines;
- Coordinate data collection efforts for each project and maintain individual project database
- Recruit and screen study participants and obtain written informed consent following approved recruitment guidelines
- Schedule data collection with study participants
- Complete research questionnaires with participants both in person and on the phone
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary;
- Enter data from the studies/projects and ensure consistency and cleanliness of data
- Assist in designing data collection forms and developing databases for collected data
- Document and manage project related tasks
- Conduct thematic analysis of qualitative data using NVivo and data analysis using Excel/SPSS
- Prepare data and summary tables and figures for publication and/or presentations, reports, and scientific meetings
- Assist with literature searches and retrieval of journal articles and maintain literature databases
- Assist with publications in journals
- Design/develop promotional and educational strategies, including information letters and knowledge translation materials
- Attend project meetings and update project stakeholders on project progress
- A Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Health Sciences or a related field
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in a research setting (e.g. Academic Health Sciences Centre, University)
- Proficiency with NVivo software
- Expertise with data collection, data entry, and data checking processes, with strong attention to detail.
- Expertise with both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Previous experience with data management and data analysis using Excel and/or SPSS
- Superior communication, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to function independently yet collaboratively within a team.
- Meticulous attention to detail