Client Services Assistant Student Summer Job Jobs Vacancy in Lumacare North York
Lumacare North York urgently required following position for Client Services Assistant Student Summer Job. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Client Services Assistant Student Summer Job Jobs Vacancy in Lumacare North York Jobs Details:
Summer Student Position
Client Services Assistant
12 weeks contract / 40 hours/week
Are you a student looking to add some great experience and skills to your resume? You enjoy working in a dynamic team environment to serve a diverse client base, with a desire to develop your skills and experience to begin your future career. This is an excellent opportunity for you to gain hands on administrative work experience with our Client Services Department. At Lumacare, we want to work with you to create something profound and to push you to be the best you can be.
Lumacare is an agency that cares about the people who help people, and that includes YOU! We invite compassionate, energetic, and reliable undergraduates working towards achieving a degree or diploma in Social Service Worker/Administrative Services/Business Administration/Customer Service to a rewarding experience that will help build your future.
As the successful candidate, you will assist the Clients Services, Transportation and Meal-On-Wheels Department teams with new clients’ Intake, responding to inquiries and potential new referrals, taking calls from clients, caregivers and personal support workers.
You will report to the Client Services Manager.
To Qualify For This Position, You Must:
- Be pursuing a Degree or Diploma related to Social Service Worker/Business Administration/ Administrative Studies/Customer Service
- Be able to work independently and within a team environment, with a focus on quality and accuracy;
- Have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use sound judgment;
- Have excellent customer service skills;
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, using multiple channels with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external to the organization.
- Have strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills;
- Be proficient with MS Word, Outlook, and Excel;
- Possess creativity, empathy, enthusiasm, and compassion
- Be able to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Police Reference Check
Here’s What You Will Get to do:
- Assist with Reception and Client Services including answering/transferring calls, documenting in CIMS, completing mail outs, greeting clients, providing service information.
- Support Lumacare’ s Home at Last Program with scanning and uploading of files; completing follow up calls; making referrals to additional supports; assisting frontline staff with pick-ups and settling.
- Assist client care coordinators with administrative tasks – developing "client welcome packages", assisting with external marketing & client outreach.
- Support Lumacare’ s Meals-On-Wheels Program - Placing and receiving weekly clients' and Apetito supply orders; Maintaining accurate inventory.
- Update clients' files with current service information.
- Adhere to the Lumacare Policies and Procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual.
- Other tasks as needed.
To be eligible to participate in the Canada Summer Jobs program, students must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Have been registered as full‐time student in the previous academic year and intends to return to school on a full‐time basis in the next academic year;
- Is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*and;
- Is legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
SALARY: $14.00 per hour.Unfortunately, funding does not allow us exceed this amount. We however promise to compensate you with a rich and rewarding experience that will help to build your future.
Does this sound like what you‘ve been looking for? Apply today!
This position will be posted until May 26, 2018.
Lumacare is a fully accredited agency committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities that we serve. We strongly encourage applications from women and men, people from racialized communities, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, aboriginal persons and people who identify themselves as LGBT. We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
Notice to Candidates – you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Lumacare will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
- North York, ON