Experienced Cook Jobs Vacancy in Old Country Market Coombs
Old Country Market Coombs urgently required following position for Experienced Cook. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Experienced Cook Jobs Vacancy in Old Country Market Coombs Jobs Details:
The restaurant at The Old Country Market is looking for an experienced First Cook. We are a very busy establishment, reaching peak business in the summer months. We offer competitive wages, opportunities to grow within our company, apprenticeships and cross-training in other departments. The First Cook's role is to cook all assigned food in a timely fashion while upholding standards for health, sanitation, safety, and quality. The First Cook works directly with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef and cooperates with training, supervising and managing the kitchen when the Chef is not present.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Will be expected to learn all line positions and menu(s).
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area, making sure all side duties and daily cleaning jobs are completed.
- Well-groomed and have good hygiene, keep your uniform clean.
- Lead by example on all aspects of the operation and uphold the higher standards of conduct, attitude and professionality
- sanitary work station area,
Qualifications and Skills
- Recent and verifiable previous experience in the restaurant industry as a First Cook.
- Must be able to work well with others to help create a friendly work environment.
- Need to be able to stand for long periods of time, and lift heavy items.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
Education - Minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent. Culinary school graduate is an asset.
Tips bases on performance, medical and dental offered after 90 days
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- Coombs, BC
Required license or certification:
- Food Safe level 1