Director Business Development Jobs Vacancy in Afl Surrey
Afl Surrey urgently required following position for Director Business Development. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Business Development Jobs Vacancy in Afl Surrey Jobs Details:
The Director of Business Development will lead business development and strategic planning for AFL Network Services throughout Canada. The role is responsible for maintaining and developing client relations with targeted customer and strategic market opportunities that drive long term business value for clients and grow AFL profitability. The role will be a key member of AFL Network Services and will work in conjunction with the AFL Sales, Marketing and Product teams. The Director will be responsible for the growth and development of our client base for all “integrated broadband solutions”.
- Develop and enhance relationships with existing and prospective AFL clients;
- Develop and Maintain a funnel of client opportunities across Canada;
- Work collaboratively with AFL Network Services Engineering and Operations resources on client opportunities and initial service implementation;
- Work collaboratively with AFL Sales & Marketing to maximize customer reach, engagement and business development requirements;
- Maximize client satisfaction (trust, accountability, reliability); and,
- Enable AFL Network Services business growth.
- Responsible for client relationship management for multiple major fiber/broadband engineering & construction programs throughout Canada;
- Effective alignment of operational teams, manufacturing teams, shared services teams and executive leadership;
- Ensure client and internal feedback is solicited, researched, prioritized and actioned with clear and transparent communications;
- Develop executive and client reporting, ensuring progress and performance is consistent with Client requirements and representative of AFL achievements;
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships;
- Collaborate with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs;
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs;
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends while representing/showcasing AFL services;
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and partnerships;
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales;
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators;
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities;
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance;
- Work hand in hand with sales team to develop prospect customers and develop customer relationships; and,
- Provide input into the product development stream to drive innovation and customer suggested improvements.
- Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve even in the most challenging environments with limited supervision;
- Leadership – Proven success in leading high performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player;
- Analytical Thinking – Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound business decision;
- Conflict Management and Resolution Skills -Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems;
- Results focused – Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at time competing priorities;
- Communication Skills – Demonstrate communication skills necessary to interpret policies in situations requiring persuasion and prepare and present presentations;
- Relationship building skills – ability to work within a dynamic team setting and provide role model leadership to AFL workforce; and,
- Team player who is comfortable in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment. Well-developed interpersonal skills enabling interaction within an existing team as well as interaction with the various business units within the company.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, preferably in Power Utility Construction or Telecommunications Construction
- Strong understanding of fiber optic telecommunications infrastructure and related services
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, Visio, and Power Point
- Highly effective communication skills (oral and written) required. Must be comfortable handling communication with engineers as well as high level managers and executives.
- Valid Canadian Passport
- Normal office environment.
- General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. But ability to provide support during and outside regular business hours is required.
- Travel – Domestic CDN (50%) including weekend travel as needed to maximize benefit from travel to specific locales, meeting customers or exhibition schedules
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Preferred Degree or Type
Required Certifications & Licenses
Disclaimer: This job description does not constitute a “contract” between the employee and the employer. The job description duties may change at the discretion of the employer and/or the employer may request the employee to perform duties that are not listed on the job description