Intern Consumer Jobs Vacancy in Edelman Canada Toronto
Edelman Canada Toronto urgently required following position for Intern Consumer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Intern Consumer Jobs Vacancy in Edelman Canada Toronto Jobs Details:
We are currently searching for a dynamic and talented Public Relations graduate to join our Toronto office in a paid Internship position, working in our Consumer Practice.
As an intern, you will be responsible for assisting client teams while learning the business of Public Relations. The emphasis will be on developing the skills and knowledge you need to become an accomplished Account Executive, able to assist in servicing clients. You will attend mandatory training sessions and also be responsible for your own development by becoming involved in activities to develop new skills.
As a member of this team, you will acquire "hands-on" public relations experience and exposure to areas such as: media relations, media material development, monitoring and reporting, content production, special event planning, internal strategy sessions, and new business research.
As an entrepreneurial firm, Edelman seeks candidates who are eager to learn about our business and interested in working in a challenging and stimulating environment. We are seeking strategic thinkers with excellent oral and written communication skills, intellectual curiosity, and a firm commitment to Quality. Proficiency in Microsoft Word is a must. The internship program is open to recent graduates from university or college public relations programs who are looking to launch their career with an exciting and progressive firm.
Your role is to develop the skills you need to become an Account Executive while supporting one or more client teams. In particular, Edelman expects you to:
- Always behave in a professional and ethical manner, while upholding the Edelman values of excellence, curiosity and courage
- Comply with all company Policies and Procedures
- Manage your time effectively and efficiently and complete accurate timesheets
- Develop a knowledge of all aspects of media relations, including new media
- Develop a knowledge of monitoring / reporting tools and provide analysis
- Develop and expand your media contacts
- Develop research skills to be used for existing and new business
- Participate in creative brainstorms
- Develop specific knowledge of the industries/practices within which you work
- Consolidate IT skills and become proficient in using all Edelman software packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access Media database and Outlook
Key qualities required for a successful career with Edelman include:
- Post-graduate degree or diploma in marketing, public relations or Communications
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize
- Commitment and enthusiasm
- Drive and ambition
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work well independently or within a team
- Ability to present ideas and concepts convincingly
- Creative flair
- Extensive PowerPoint presentation skills; knowledge of Wordpress and Campaign Monitor an asset
We offer you:
- personal development training throughout your career
- self-development – learning while doing
- coaching and mentoring from more experienced colleagues
- responsibility early on in your career
- opportunities to attend seminars and presentations by industry experts
- support for gaining PR qualifications such as APR, ABC
- interesting and challenging work with world-class clients
- a dynamic and supportive work environment
- a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please send your résumé and cover. Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Edelman Canada.
Edelman welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation to participate in this recruitment, please contact email@example.com.About Us Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014; six Cannes Lions in 2015; and the Grand Prix in the Titanium category in 2016. The firm was named “2016 Global Agency of the Year” by the Holmes Report, and one of Advertising Age’s “Agencies to Watch” in 2014. In 2015, Edelman was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the fifth time. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency. Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information.
Job : Client Services - Consumer Primary Location : Canada-Toronto Job Type : Internship Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Jan 12, 2018, 1:33:38 PM