Project Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Suncor Energy Services Fort McMurray
Suncor Energy Services Fort McMurray urgently required following position for Project Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Suncor Energy Services Fort McMurray Jobs Details:
LOCATION: Fort McMurray, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 20385
Reporting to the project manager, you will provide coordination for all project phases, to ensure the effective development and execution of projects. You will participate in project development activities such as design input, estimating, planning, and scheduling, to ensure safe and high quality projects.
- Keep the project manager apprised for emerging risk issues, including safety, cost, schedule, and quality concerns
- Review all design verification plans and construction work packages included in the execution plan
- Build and maintain all project documentation while validating that all trends are processed for resolution and response to the field teams
- Communicate work assignments and distribute all pertinent project definition documentation to internal partners
- Ensure that all engineered items required for the project are procured in accordance with the project specification and schedule
- Oversee the project’s execution plan, including turnaround activities
- Support the project manager with on- and off-boarding team members
Experience and Education:
- Five or more years of working experience in project execution
- Experience in a refinery or petrochemical plants is preferred
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, preferably mechanical
- Registration with APEGA as a Professional Engineer is an asset
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Related engineering knowledge that can be applied to complex issues and problems
- Knowledge of management of change processes with a passion for continuous improvement
- Deep understanding of gated project management programs
- You are a self-starter with strong communication, technical, and interpersonal skills
- You take initiative and are able to handle stress caused by complex decisions, tight timelines, and conflicts with external suppliers and contractors
- This position is on a Monday to Friday schedule at our base mine north of Fort McMurray, Alberta
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to those who are eligible
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineering