Production Manager Jobs Vacancy in Layfield Canada Ltd Richmond
Layfield Canada Ltd Richmond urgently required following position for Production Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Production Manager Jobs Vacancy in Layfield Canada Ltd Richmond Jobs Details:
The Production Manager oversees operations of the manufacturing and conversion facilities, by coordinating the plant-wide utilization of equipment, materials and production staff in meeting, quality, cost and delivery objectives. This position monitors performance to established production budgets, produces products to specifications & standards, and participates in maintenance & engineering activities. Responsible for the commissioning of new & replacement equipment.
Production & Quality Coordination:
- Manages Production Supervisors
- Direct production information systems
- Monitors adherence to production schedules
- Works with Manufacturing & Systems Manager to approve production cost estimates and reviews job cost closing variances to establish and implement improvement plans
- Reviews the quality assurance strategy
- Reviews standards and test methods
- Manages the investigation of substandard products
- Implements changes in materials & processes to correct substandard results
- Assists with operating budgets
- Assists in the development of the company’s strategic plan
- Participates in product development activities throughout the commercialization process
- Works with the Quality Manager to execute and sustain all quality standards such as ISO 9001, NSF and IFS PACsecure requirements to ensure quality and packaging material safety, and the provision of sufficient and relevant resources to meet these requirements.
- Initiates and leads all OpEx! Continuous improvement activities and lean manufacturing principles.
- Ensures production staff are well trained and adheres to job work instructions and SOPs.
- Staffs the plant in the most effective manner to achieve production objectives
- Hires & evaluates direct reports as appropriate and according to policies, and collective agreement
- Oversees the supervision of all hourly production personnel
- Participates in the monthly union management meeting
- Participates in union negotiations
- Assists in settling labour conflicts
- Recommends production, maintenance and shipping staffing levels
- Develops and implements training programs
- Performs quarterly reviews with direct subordinates through company’s Talent Management System (TMS)
- Recommends compensation levels for salaried personnel (direct reports)
- Ensures the health & safety policies are met within the production facilities.
- Develops and implements production procedures to improve operational efficiency and to limit scrap
- Evaluates and improves production methods, manpower and equipment utilization
- Formulates procedures, plant layouts and material handling systems
- Prepares production and operating manuals
- Responsible for use of the manufacturing facility’s most economic production channels
- Works with process engineers to develop and improve all production processes, new equipment and changes to existing equipment
- Participates in preventative maintenance program
- Accountable for location security
- Works to achieve desired production outcomes.
- Focuses on coordination and performance of personnel, facilities and materials.
- Develops and implements effective procedures to ensure production details and safety compliance.
- Maintains personnel in support of production.
- Production experience in packaging manufacturing.
- Proven success in developing and coaching subordinates.
- Proven problem solving abilities.
- Driven, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Independent but able to work well within a team environment.
- High degree of competence in written and oral communication.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Formal Education:
- Completion of related post-secondary education in Engineering/Operations or a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Number of Years Experience:
- Five (5) industry and management years.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Management: 5 years