Program Support Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Ministry Community Safety And Correctional Services Ottawa
- Program Support Clerk
- Ministry Community Safety And Correctional Services
- Ottawa ON
- 08 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
Ministry Community Safety And Correctional Services Ottawa urgently required following position for Program Support Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Support Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Ministry Community Safety And Correctional Services Ottawa Jobs Details:
- Job closing date extended
The Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services establishes, maintains, operates and monitors correctional institutions across the province. We are seeking highly motivated individuals with excellent information management and administrative skills to join our teams as a Program Support Clerk.
The successful candidate will provide a wide range of administrative support to a multi-disciplinary management team.
What can I expect to do in this role? In this role, you will:
- Oversee the flow of information, track documents and maintain accurate records
- Gather and verify information, and liaise with appropriate contacts to obtain clarification or share information
- Establish and maintain a filing system
- Prepare a variety of correspondence, including letters, memos, reports, charts, graphs and standing orders
- Proof read documents for accuracy, grammar and formatting
How do I qualify? Analytical, Problem Solving and Organizational Skills
- You can identify and resolve administrative-related issues
- You can verify accuracy and completeness of documents, files and information, and correct discrepancies
- You can determine workload priorities and manage conflicting deadlines
Information Management Skills
- You have proven experience to oversee the flow of information and track documents
- You can establish and maintain a filing system in accordance with record management guidelines and standards
- You have interpretive knowledge of practices and/or procedures related to the confidentiality and disclosure of information
- You are proficient in MS Word, Excel, as well as electronic mail, spreadsheet, database and presentation software to produce a variety of documents and correspondence, create spreadsheets, coordinate meetings and schedules, manage files and track information
- You have proven experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment to provide a wide range of administrative services
- You have proven experience working in a large organization or within an institutional setting
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- You can communicate and work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- You have excellent writing skills to prepare written correspondence
Additional Information: Address:
- 2 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 2244 Innes Rd, Ottawa, East Region, General Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.