Hardware Designer Jobs Vacancy in Genetec Montréal
Genetec Montréal urgently required following position for Hardware Designer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Hardware Designer Jobs Vacancy in Genetec Montréal Jobs Details:
The Hardware Designer will be involved with all the electronic development activities within Genetec’s hardware design team. The team’s main focus is to design automated license plate recognition (ALPR) systems. Target activities mainly include product architecture work, electronic design, qualification and laboratory tests, preparation/participation in product certification, new product introduction and product support for the other teams involved.
This position requires an analytical mind, flexibility to adapt to a quick-paced development environment, a proactive attitude toward challenges and the will to innovate. Meticulous attention to details and strong work ethics are also required for this position.
The main responsibilities for this position are:
- Participate in product architecture work by looking for technical solutions, writing .specifications and systemic design.
- Digital and analog electronic design, including high-speed and power.
- FPGA design (circuit design, simulation and implementation).
- Symbol definition and schematic entry.
- Occasional PCB layout (traces, footprint).
- Help with product lifecycle management (BOMs, ECN/ECO, etc.)
- Electrical qualification in the lab
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering.
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Over 3 years experience in a structured electronic R&D environment.
- Electronic design experience with the following technologies:
- CMOS image sensors;
- high-speed serial interfaces: PCIe, SATA, USB3, Gigabit Ethernet;
- wired (Ethernet, TCP/IP) and wireless (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular) networking- satellite positioning systems (GPS/GLONASS/Galileo);
- automotive electronics;
- Intel (x86) and ARM processors;
- RF circuits.
- Embedded programming experience (assembly, C, C++).
- Product certification experience.
- Familiarity with the following tools : Altium Designer, Vivado, Visual Studio, Eclipse.