Intern Tft Prevention And Screening Jobs Vacancy in Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre Thunder Bay
Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre Thunder Bay urgently required following position for Intern Tft Prevention And Screening. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Intern Tft Prevention And Screening Jobs Vacancy in Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre Thunder Bay Jobs Details:
1 ‑ Temporary Full Time ‑ Intern
Preventive Health Services
It is a condition of this posting that your home unit can accommodate your temporary absence in the event
you are successful.
Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre's Prevention & Screening Services (P&S) provides leadership in
chronic disease prevention and early detection of disease. The P&S prevention mandate encompasses the general
well‑being of all residents of Northwestern Ontario and focuses on the coordination of services for staff of TBRHSC
and the community.
Interacting with a broad range of project partners and reporting to the Manager of Preventive Health Services, the
Prevention & Screening Intern will assist in the delivery of initiatives associated with cancer and other chronic
disease . These initiatives will use a population approach to ultimately reduce the incidence and mortality of cancer
and other chronic disease in Northwestern Ontario through increased awareness, risk reduction, increased
participation in organized screening programs, and creating supportive environments for health.
* A highly organized, results orientated individual who has the ability to coordinate multiple activities and enjoys
working in a fast paced environment.
* Undergraduate degree in health administration, health services, public health, or health promotion with
demonstrated interest and/or experience in regional health care and population health
* A team player with strong organizational skills who is able to work independently
* Results oriented individual with the ability to work in a dynamic environment
* Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team including professional service provides, patients, and
TBRHSC staff to implement activities and programs
* Good interpersonal, facilitation, verbal, and written communication skills
* Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project;
* University and/or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or
university , degree or diploma program.
* The position must provide the intern with first time employment in their field of study.
* Candidate only eligible to participate in the internship program one time
* Candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada
The Health Sciences Centre strives to ensure the safety and security of the patients, visitors, employees and assets
financial and otherwise. As one tool in the recruitment screening process, all offers of employment to external
candidates shall be conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Records Check (CRC) to ensure the absence of relevant
The Health Sciences Centre (HSC) is committed to delivering healthcare in a manner that is consistent with Patient
and Family Centred Care. Applicants are required to have a demonstrated knowledge, understanding and
commitment to this care philosophy.
Candidates will have demonstrated adherence to the Hospital's Code of Conduct. Regular attendance at work is
imperative , therefore, all applicants will have to demonstrate a good attendance record to be considered for this
We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout
the selection process. Additionally we are identified as an English/French speaking health sciences centre and
encourage bilingual candidates to apply.
If there are no qualified applicants for the above position, the Hospital may, at their discretion, train unqualified
individuals . Interested applicants should submit a resume outlining relative previous experience and training no later than 1630 hours on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 . Internal applicants may apply via the job posting page on the iNtranet . External applicants must apply through our website.
Posted: February 9, 2018 NON UNION