Environmental Health And Safety Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Irving Oil Halifax
Irving Oil Halifax urgently required following position for Environmental Health And Safety Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Environmental Health And Safety Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Irving Oil Halifax Jobs Details:
Job TitleEnvironmental, Health and Safety Coordinator
- Trains, or ensures employees are trained in the transportation of dangerous goods, (TDG), WHIMIS, First Aid, product stewardship, Emergency response, defensive driving, corporate policies and procedures.
- Develops and provides new employee orientation training related to safety.
- Works with branch managers to conduct independent safety audits of drivers, truck terminals or regions.
- Conducts safety meetings with all fleet personnel.
- Conducts fact-findings of injuries and accidents, including other drivers, resources groups and managers in performing duties.
- Works with managers and supervisors to evaluate safety measurement and performance and develop action plans to improve results.
- Attends scene of major accidents, incidents or injuries as par of investigation and development of action plans.
- Meets with customer and industry groups in connection with the companies safety policies and practices.
- Ensures operating compliance with government regulators and company operating standards.
- Communicates the corporate standard for safety and compliance.
- Works with Managers in setting priorities for safety training, compliance and driver qualifications.
- Communicates safety performance and is advocate for drivers questions and concerns with product stewardship.
- Verifies that equipment meets industry and Irving Oil standards.
- Provides guidance on Spec development for new and existing tractors and trailers.
- Ensures all equipment documentation is in compliance with DOT.
- Ensures the Company meets all customer requirements in terms of trucks quality and driver qualifications.
- Works with internal and external customers in resolving unsafe delivery sites.
- Minimizes the costs of incidents and accidents to meet industry benchmarks.
- Post secondary education in a related field
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional designation is an asset
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to motivate differing personalities
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi- task in a fast paced environment
- Must be adaptable to change
- Moderate to advanced computer skills
- Effective decision making and problem solving abilities
Job Requirements - Work Experience
Job Requirements - Education