Coordinator Campus Sustainability Outreach Jobs Vacancy in Mohawk College Hamilton
Mohawk College Hamilton urgently required following position for Coordinator Campus Sustainability Outreach. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Coordinator Campus Sustainability Outreach Jobs Vacancy in Mohawk College Hamilton Jobs Details:
This position will report to the Manager, Campus Sustainability & Climate Change, and will be responsible for campus outreach, communications, training and reporting in relation to Campus Sustainability and climate change programs.
This position will plan and lead the development and implementation of programs, services, special projects, outreach activities and reporting. Working with various communications tools and media, this position will provide a single point of contact for students, staff and other stakeholders on all campus sustainability subject areas.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Promotions and Awareness Strategies
- Develop and implement campus engagement and outreach activities aimed at raising the profile and awareness of Campus Sustainability, with a focus on the Environmental/Sustainability Management Plan, all within the new Sustainability at Mohawk brand guidelines.
- Develop and maintain interactive websites/blogs and other communication channels including social & digital media to disseminate accurate, timely and engaging information to a variety of college stakeholder audiences Collaborate with other college communications staff to provide support where necessary and ensure consistent, effective communication of Mohawk’s brand and values.
- Act as a point of contact for internal communications staff on all related activities .Lead the completion of reports, plans, presentations and articles.
- Plan and execute stakeholder consultation sessions with internal and external parties, often in cooperation with other college departments.
- Research, prepare and edit policies, and strategic planning documents.
- Work with College staff to actively seek out awards, grant and external funding opportunities.
- Address specific promotions to specific populations, such as international students.
- Maintenance of Sustainability e-newsletter and social media feeds.
- Captures details of each planned event and promotion, including attendance, budget, marketing, planning time and direct student feedback.
- Reporting and documenting statistical information from all events and promotions.
- Collates data, monitors and identifies trends and patterns based upon promotions.
- Maintains and submits monthly reports including but not limited to: number of students engaged in promotions, activity and statistical reporting. Evaluate the program’s effectiveness implementing changes as required based on data.
- Assist with preparation of reports, plans, presentations, articles etc.
- Compile and analyze data collected through stakeholder consultation sessions and distribute to appropriate college staff and other audiences.
The successful applicants will have:
- 3 year Post-Secondary Degree in a related discipline. Recognized certification in Public Relations, Communications or Event Management would be an asset.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Prezi etc.) as well as experience with desktop publishing software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Specific training, certification in related subject areas would be considered an asset Environmental Sustainability, etc.)
- 3 years of directly related professional experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical and organizational skills.
- Proven experience in consensus building, and session facilitation.
- Experience with all social and digital media systems, tools and platforms.