Community Support Worker Jobs Vacancy in Terrace And District Community Services Terrace
Terrace And District Community Services Terrace urgently required following position for Community Support Worker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Community Support Worker Jobs Vacancy in Terrace And District Community Services Terrace Jobs Details:
REFERENCE NUMBER : 663-8/18/14/15
Position(s): Community Support Worker
TDCSS Community Inclusion Programs
TDCSS fosters an environment of continuous learning and a work culture of professional development. All employees of TDCSS are expected to participate in ongoing professional growth and development activities.
Assists clients with their physical, economic, vocational, recreational, social, emotional and daily life skills development. Assists clients to achieve the greatest degree of independence and quality of life possible.
Using a respectful, person served-centered team approach; the Community Support Worker provides care, guidance, and support to people who have a developmental disability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in assessment, goal setting and program planning such as Personal Service Plans for individuals. Documents and implements the plan. Provides input into the evaluation of the program.
- Evaluates client needs and develops short term plans to meet such needs with the active participation of clients and their families.
- Assists clients to function more independently in their own homes and in the community. Assists clients with daily life skills, social skills and/or behaviour management. Teaches and assists clients with activities such as grooming, basic cooking, money management, shopping, household safety, pet care. Facilitates physical, recreational, educational, social and vocational activities.
- Recognizes, analyzes and deals with potential emergency situations such as clients’ aggressive behaviour to minimize potential harm to the clients and/or the public. Reports problems to the supervisor.
- Administers medication to clients in accordance with established policy.
- Ensures health and safety standards are maintained.
- Reviews and evaluates clients’ progress and makes adjustments to programs as required. Provides feedback and support to clients and/or their families.
- Accompanies and/or transports clients to activities such as appointments, shopping or leisure activities.
- Provides written and/or verbal reports regarding clients’ daily activities and progress. Ensures that all required documentation is complete and accurate.
- Identifies social, economic, recreational, physical, vocational and educational services in the community that will meet clients’ needs. Maintains liaison with other agencies, professionals, government officials and the community.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Hours : Full Time 35-40 hours average per week
(This position requires the successful applicant to work a flexible schedule)
Shifts : DAYS, EVENINGS, WEEKENDS
Hours subject to change without notice
Rate of Pay : Wage Grid 10 (Step 1: $17.71 – Step 4: $20.62/hour)
Start Date : As soon as possible
This position is gender inclusive.
Qualifications : A combination of education, training and/or recent related experience may be given consideration for this position.
Education: Diploma in a related human/social service field
- A relevant diploma or certificate with experience providing service to people who have a developmental disability.
- Mandt Training or Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI)
- TDCSS Training Modules
- Open Future Learning Modules
Experience: One (1) year of recent related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through with assigned tasks
- Experience in working with people who have a developmental disability and/or challenging behaviors
- Experience in working with people who have a dual-diagnosis
Skills and Abilities
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must be able to plan and participate in a wide variety of social, and physical activities, including sports.
- Attendance and participation in community events
- Ability to plan & organize work/workspace, keep files up-to-date and organized
- TDCSS Medical Certificate signed by Physician (stating that health requirements are met)
- Clear Provincial Attorney General Criminal Record Check
- Driver’s Abstract
- Must have own, reliable vehicle, with the ability to transport individuals in the front and/or rear seats
- Valid Business Insurance
- Class 4 BC Driver’s License (consideration may be given to applicants without Class 4, providing they are able to obtain it within a set amount of time, during their probationary period)
An equivalent of education and/or experience may be considered for this job. Job Descriptions are available upon request.
Pay and Benefits will be in accordance with TDCSS and BCGEU Local 312 Collective Agreement. This position requires union membership.
This position requires the successful applicant to be ready and able to work with all persons served and to provide intimate personal care when necessary.
TDCSS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please apply for each posting that you are interested separately, even if you have previously applied with TDCSS.
All applications must be submitted to: hiring at tdcss.ca
External Applicants: Please complete a TDCSS Employment Application (found on our website www.tdcss.ca ) including three work references.
Date Posted: February 8, 2018 Closing Date: February 15, 2018
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.71 to $20.62 /hour