Carpenter Jobs Vacancy in Brookfield Residential Calgary
Brookfield Residential Calgary urgently required following position for Carpenter. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Carpenter Jobs Vacancy in Brookfield Residential Calgary Jobs Details:
As a member of the Calgary Homes team the Carpenter is a front line quality control position responsible and accountable for auditing the compliance of buildings under construction for conformance with plans and specifications and building code. The Carpenter is also responsible for general carpentry duties and repair while assisting the site construction team in constructing housing units to Brookfield’s high standard of quality and workmanship.
Areas of Responsibility
- Perform pre-backfill, framing and mechanical complete Quality check
- Use levels, rulers, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment while performing Quality Control duties
- Liaise with municipal officials as required regarding items of code compliance
- Work from blueprints or follow instructions from managers
- General layout, grades, walls, floors, roof
- Determine height, width, length, and other proportions
- Select materials and equipment for the task at hand
- Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall
- Utilize common hand and power tools for general carpentry work, including repairs
- Work from heights following OH&S Act, Regulation and Code
- Work with various construction methods and housing products
- Install partitions, doors, and windows
- Move materials and equipment
- A minimum of two years of general carpentry experience, or an active participant in carpentry apprenticeship, a journeyman carpenter or equivalent
- Must have valid D/L
- Safety Training Certificates (e.g. Basics of Supervision, First Aid and CPR, Fall Arrest, Natural Gas, Propane, WHIMIS, OSHA)
- Physical endurance and ability to visit entire job site, which may include climbing ladders and scaffolding or other elevated structures; maneuver over uneven ground, stand most or all of day; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Physically able to lift up to 100 lbs. Move materials, supplies, and use small hand tools as needed.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent extended health benefits
- Flex-spending account
- Work-life balance
- RRSP matching
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Leadership development and mentorship programs
- Charitable donation matching
- A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the design and construction of premier homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.