Administrative Assistant Western District Month Contract Jobs Vacancy in Staples Burnaby
- Administrative Assistant Western District Month Contract
- Burnaby BC
- 09 Feb, 2018 14 days ago
Staples Burnaby urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant Western District Month Contract. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Western District Month Contract Jobs Vacancy in Staples Burnaby Jobs Details:
PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide effective and efficient support to the District Managers to help the Districts run smoothly and efficiently and to assist in the day-to-day administrative duties of the Operations dept.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General correspondence and compilation of reports for District Manager.
- Develop and maintain various databases of information on a variety of operating performance dimensions for stores.
- Compile, prepare, analyze and track reports to support management decision-making. (i.e. P&L)
- Liaison between the Stores and Home Office to create a more efficient reporting relationship.
- Prepare PowerPoints and compile information as required for Operations/District Meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating store information
- Process confidential information including management of compensation information and intranet. (Vacation approvals, salary review process, compensation changes, store volume increase)
- Co-ordinate and maintain operation files. (Store files, project files, people planning etc.)
- Assist with special projects as required
- Reports for Central Regions (i.e. Contests, tracking)
- Monitor monthly expenditures for General Managers (i.e. repairs and maintenance)
- Compile info for General Managers and Managers to review in order for them to determine ratings.
- Coordinate and book hotel and travel arrangements
- Arrange meetings and events for the Districts and the operations department (Facilities, equipment, meals etc.)
- Attend District meetings and various committees to record minutes as required.
- Provide customer service assistance as required (i.e. Customer reply letter)
- Maintain Human Resources Files
- Coordinate the district Softball Tournament
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office Applications. AS400, Internet research.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Please note this opportunity can be based out of Head Office, within a retail location or the opportunity to work from home.
- Business Support Manager experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of administrative or retail experience or equivalent experience
- Secondary education with a focus on administrative studies
Qualifications Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
SPL1 Job : Administration Location(s) : CA-BC-Burnaby Other Locations : CA-BC-Vancouver, CA-BC-Burnaby, CA-BC-Richmond, CA-BC-Coquitlam Schedule : Full-time : : : Employment Statement Staples Canada is committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities & Aboriginal People.