Quality Assurance Manager Jobs Vacancy in Gategroup Vancouver
Gategroup Vancouver urgently required following position for Quality Assurance Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Quality Assurance Manager Jobs Vacancy in Gategroup Vancouver Jobs Details:
Gate Gourmet has been serving the airline industry for more than 70 years and has become the world’s largest independent provider of airline catering and logistics. We prepare tens of thousands of tasty, nutritious passenger meals and snacks daily and reliably service more than 2 million flights a year in “last mile” operations worldwide.
gategroup is a leading global provider of products, services and solutions related to a passenger’s onboard experience. We specialize in catering and hospitality, provisioning and logistics; and onboard products and services to companies that serve people on the move.
Position is responsible for food safety and quality engineering and control on processes supporting operation, system, policy and procedure auditing; leads quality improvement projects, drives defect prevention on flight attendant comments and detections. Acts as the primary business quality project manager for Corporate Quality Assurance requirements and regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports all customer and regulatory audits within the responsible facilities
- Works side-by-side with Operation Managers to assure compliance to HACCP requirements are met
- Works as part of the corrective action team to address non-conformities related to product, process and service
- Executes monthly self-assessments on the elements of food safety
- Executes the required food safety related testing as defined in HACCP plan
- Plans for quality (capital, supplier quality, plant quality).
- Evaluates and reports on performance trends related to quality
- Manages Quality Engineering projects, including operative supportive functions
- Leads and monitors improvement projects as assigned
- Audits implementation of quality systems for effectiveness by verifying activities
- Responsible for maintaining and managing the corrective action system
- Monitors the accuracy and compliance of HACCP records as defined in the corporate procedures
- Reinforces quality awareness to the management and work staff
- Schedules and manages the daily activities and task of the sanitation porters (if defined as a responsibility)
- Manages continuous improvement projects in quality elements
- Plays a key role in implementing the business management system
- Implements the quality system detailed in the quality manual
- Champions quality improvement efforts and initiates problem solving efforts and assures implementation
- Drives prevention vs. detection of defects tracking key performance indicators and daily patrol of production areas
- Responsible to lead product defect investigations
- Responsible to lead investigations of alleged food poisoning, Hard-foreign and soft foreign objects
- Responsible to manage the compliance with USDA / APHIS regulations
- Responsible to manage food product suppliers of the unit including auditing of local suppliers
- Coordinates actions to prevent the occurrences of nonconformities to internal, Federal and State laws
- Maintains customer compliance resolution on defects including alleged food poisoning if needed
- Responsible for the identifying and maintaining of key performance metrics for the Quality organization
- Continuously improves plant procedures for monitoring and ensuring conformance to specifications for incoming raw materials as well as for finished products
- Acts as the primary liaison to Corporate QA Compliance Team
- Plays a key role in training and coaching of quality requirements to all levels in the business unit’s organization
- Ensures optimum business processes to support full customer and regulatory compliance in terms of quality and food safety
- Stays attuned to and prepares adaptation to changes in customer, company and regulatory changes in requirements
- At times liaises with customers and regulatory agencies
- Bachelor's degree in food science, quality, technical or business related field from an accredited 4-year college or university required
- Minimum of 5 years quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment, with preference in food manufacturing
- Advanced technical knowledge in catering processes and design functions, manufacturing methods, inspection, statistical methods and quality auditing
- Knowledge of lean standard tools, TQM methodology
- Basic lean, six sigma knowledge, and continuous improvement understanding a plus
- Detail oriented
- Project management experience
- Strong organizational skills, able to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- ServeSafe certification preferred
- HACCP certified
Language / Communication Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills, interact well with multiple departments as required
- Able to work with little supervision
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral communication skills
- Change Agent
- Multi-lingual a plus
Travel %: Up to 20%
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment criminal check.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other ground under applicable law.
Gate Gourmet Canada Inc. is pleased to accommodate applicants who have a disability up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please inform our Recruitment Team if you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process.
For best results, apply using Chrome or Firefox as your Internet browser.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.