Manager Actuary And Analytics Jobs Vacancy in Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Melville
Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Melville urgently required following position for Manager Actuary And Analytics. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Actuary And Analytics Jobs Vacancy in Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Melville Jobs Details:
At SCIC, we’re helping keep Saskatchewan’s agriculture industry strong and it takes great people, working together as a community, to make it happen. Our values reflect who we are at SCIC. We value focusing on the producer, innovation, teamwork and community, accountability to ourselves and others and leadership at all levels.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Research & Development, this position is responsible for the leadership of the Corporation’s Actuary and Analytics Team within the Research and Development Unit.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide direction and leadership to the Actuary and Analytics team, including coordination of work and formal and informal coaching, mentoring and training.
- Manages the team to annually set premium rates and probable yield for all insurable units, to develop analytics for core program policy and development of new programs and program options, and to advise the corporation on appropriate private reinsurance strategies.
- Provide Research and Development input into the development of the corporate strategic plan to ensure issues and projects identified by employees and program stakeholders are evaluated for the strategic plan.
- Ensure effective delivery of program initiatives and policy recommendations to board of directors.
- Collaborate with other units within the Operations Division to leverage synergies in program delivery to enable service excellence.
- Prepare and manage the budget for the unit to ensure efficiency and fiscal responsibility by effectively planning and allocating human, financial and technical resources.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
To be successful in this position you will need a degree in Agriculture, Commerce, or Business Administration with five years’ of progressively responsible managerial experience. Other qualifications include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the science of agriculture, crop production techniques and production marketing.
- Leadership experience in the areas of policy development and program delivery.
- Excellent knowledge of the agriculture industry, its practices, methods and trends.
- Comprehensive knowledge of insurance principles to ensure effective and thorough policy and program development.
- Broad understanding of actuarial science, premium rating methodology, business data and data analysis required for program delivery and reporting.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for someone who displays the following competencies:
Analytical Thinking : Identifies and breaks down critical components of complex situations to determine root causes.
Innovation : Encourages novel and unique ideas to solve problems.
Building Organizational Community : Actively supports the one team support.
Service Excellence : Champions the organization both internally and externally by modeling exceptional behavior.
Personal Leadership and Development : Influences others to act in accordance with the organization's values.
Strategic Thinking : Anticipates trends and develops strategies to move the organization forward.
Decision Making : Identifies and plans for the impacts or implications of decisions in the current and future environment.
Team Collaboration : Builds cooperation and communication between multiple teams, recognizing when teams could work together for improved success.
Communication : Communicates complex issues clearly and with credibility.
Accountability : Ensures resources are directed to support the organization’s desired goals and culture.
Performance Management : Acts as a role model and provides ongoing coaching for others to drive positive results.
Planning and Risk Management : Allows employees the freedom to decide how they will accomplish their goals and resolve issues.
Process Management : Promotes a culture of continuous improvement to ensure policies and processes are relevant and efficient.
The successful candidate must present a work ethic supporting our corporate values and Saskatchewan agriculture, must provide an acceptable criminal record check and should the successful candidate participate in the Crop Insurance or AgriStability Programs, their account must be in good standing.