Medical Science Liaison Neurosciences Bec Jobs Vacancy in Novartis Pharma Montréal
Novartis Pharma Montréal urgently required following position for Medical Science Liaison Neurosciences Bec. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Medical Science Liaison Neurosciences Bec Jobs Vacancy in Novartis Pharma Montréal Jobs Details:
Leaders/Medical Experts/Key Stakeholders and members of the scientific community, utilizing scientific and medical evidence-based non-promotional materials. They strategically prepare and support the development, launch and commercialization of Novartis products through scientific exchange, seeking external insight to shape Novartis understanding of the therapeutic environment. Their activities begin up to two years prior to launch of a new molecule. They respond to unsolicited requests for scientific information and provide clinical trial support. Additionally, MSLs participate and often lead special projects and specific initiatives, leveraging their extensive experience and strategic insight.
KOL Management & Medical Support
1. Using advanced communication skills, develop peer to peer scientific relationships, assess advocacy and contributions and respond to unsolicited requests for scientific information using approved, non-promotional materials with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLS), Health Care Professionals (HCPs) and decision makers. They demonstrate the ability to manage challenging situations and interactions.
2. Contribute to and/or lead the identification and mapping of KOLs/key stakeholders in line with local strategies.
3. Provide and discuss advanced level scientific information and data with HCPs to ensure quality and accuracy of medical and scientific information on new treatment options including Novartis products and selected areas of therapeutic interest.
4. Liaise and provide up-to-date medical support to relevant internal and external groups to ensure evidence based understanding of Novartis products relative to medical guidelines, and health economic information.
5. Provide speaker training to HCPs to support the best use of new therapies developed and commercialized by Novartis.
Scientific Research Support
6. Lead initiatives and provide strategic medical support, as part of a cross functional team to enhance the quality of relevant clinical trials.
7. Provide scientific educational activities to support study accrual for key trials as appropriate.
8. Provide feasibility and research site recommendation for Novartis sponsored clinical trials.
9. Collaborate with ICRO team and Medical Advisors, to support clinical sites, including providing guidance in accordance with guidelines, Novartis Internal Policies, and regulations as appropriate.
10. Increase awareness of Novartis clinical research program to enhance patient identification and trial accrual
11. Upon investigator request, liaise between potential researcher and the Company on IIT submission process or requests for research grade substance (MTAs) to support independent clinical/preclinical research.
12. Engage in scientific discussions related to Novartis compounds/pipeline with MEs, speakers & investigators.
13. Support scientific exchange to advance understanding of new scientific principles, novel research trends, and current scientific debate.
14. Provide scientific and educational information to healthcare professionals on specific patient critical issues.
15. Collect, analyze and report insights that may impact Novartis development plans /trial designs, launch strategies and tactics and medical education programs tailored to physicians' education needs
16. Provide scientific support to KOLs upon their request
17. Implement scientific projects according to global, regional or local medical strategies. Examples may include, but not limited to, epidemiology projects, registries, preclinical or translational research, as well as multi-disciplinary projects involving education and collaboration of multiple functions in the medical community to improve patient diagnosis and treatment.
Internal Novartis Support
18. Provide medical support and training (i.e. disease state and product) to Novartis colleagues (e.g. sales reps, CRAs, etc.).
19. Support, mentor and train Novartis colleagues in successful interactions with KOLs/MEs, and share best practices.
20. Serve as a resource/and or team leader for projects and collaborate with internal colleagues as assigned by SciOps Head/or therapeutic area teams. (Serve as medical expert on cross-functional teams).
- Be considered as a peer of the customer base
- MD, PharmD, pharmacist, PHD and other life sciences with solid medical/technical background and proven competencies influencing skills, clinical research insight, business and market knowledge.
1. Proven competency and successful experience as a MSL.
2. An advanced proven ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer, credible relationships with KOLs/decision makers.
3. Ability to coach and mentor field medical colleagues. Perceived as leader by peers.
4. Advanced knowledge of the Healthcare System and of the research procedures as well as the ICH guidelines, GCP and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
5. Advanced knowledge of clinical medicine, disease management, and medical research in at least one therapeutic area.
6. Ability to synthesize complex scientific information and analyze it within strategic and regulatory settings.
7. Proven ability to use IT tools and interface effectively with a variety of technical platforms.
8. Strong personal integrity, and customer focus.
9. Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and advanced presentation skills.
10. Prior experience in coordinating/leading multifunctional teams, projects and initiatives.
11. Must be able to adapt, organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing field-based environment.
12. Bilingual - English & French - spoken & written