Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in British Columbia Institute Technology Bcit Burnaby
British Columbia Institute Technology Bcit Burnaby urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in British Columbia Institute Technology Bcit Burnaby Jobs Details:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages AD's schedule by booking appointments, maintaining and organizing calendars; ensures that the AD is prepared in advance of meetings.
- Screens and or re-routes correspondence and composing replies for the AD's signature.
- Answers and screens both in-person and incoming telephone inquiries and handles routine inquiries.
- Assists with various confidential matters for staff, students and external contacts.
- Schedules, prepares and distributes committee and other meeting documents, attends and takes minutes at a variety of committees chaired by the AD.
- Creates and maintains documents, databases, tables and a variety of correspondence including minutes, reports and presentations; distributes correspondence related to administrative matters.
- Provides administrative support for meetings and events on and off campus including room reservations, various acquisitions using the department purchase card.
- Acts as timekeeper for all of the AD's direct reports and enters data into HR information system in accordance with BCIT attendance management policies and procedures.
- Creates e-hires at the direction of the AD.
- Creates Requests to Use Non-Employee Services (RTUNES) for various program areas
- Submits requests for new and existing staff; coordinates office moves as required.
- Reviews, amends, prepares and submits program update form.
- Organizes and assists with school events and other special events.
- Tracks and monitors procedures for FSA performance development system and prepares packages for distribution with instructions for completion.
- Reviews, amends, prepares and submits program update forms.
- Handles general inquiries from students and researches student academic history as required
- Creates templates and checklists to ensure timely completion of activities.
- Communicates with stakeholders to ensure timely submission of reports, including reminders as required.
- Initiates meetings consistent with timelines and follows up on participant responses.
- Prepares submissions and meeting packages including agendas and other documentation.
- Manages room bookings, audiovisual, parking and catering, being mindful of any special needs of participants.
- Attends meetings and records/distributes minutes.
- Responds to inquiries from committee members and provides information as requested.
- Initiates correspondence for new and retiring committee members.
- Maintains an electronic filing system for records on school drives and ShareSpace consistent with BCIT records management policies.
- Undertakes related duties as assigned, consistent with the job grade of this position.
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Completion of Grade 12, plus completion of one year of post-secondary education in courses such as Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Two years general experience, plus two years practical current experience in an administrative position, preferably in an educational environment.
- Proven proficiency at an intermediate level in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to deal with situations with tact and discretion, handle sensitive information and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, and work both independently and within a team environment.
- Proven ability to write and proofread a variety of documents and correspondence at levels consistent with the final audience.
- Proven ability to take and transcribe minutes.
- Accurate keyboard skills of 60 wpm.
- Proven ability to prioritize, work to deadlines, and apply proven organizational skills.