Controls Programmer Jobs Vacancy in Fis Flexible Industrial Solutions Oldcastle
Fis Flexible Industrial Solutions Oldcastle urgently required following position for Controls Programmer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Controls Programmer Jobs Vacancy in Fis Flexible Industrial Solutions Oldcastle Jobs Details:
Flexible Industrial Solutions Inc. specializes in controls design for industrial automation and is a leading manufacturer of electrical panels from small terminal boxes to multi-door enclosures. FIS provides a great opportunity for hard working, skilled individuals who are not afraid of complex problems in cutting edge technology.
PLC / Robotic programmer working out of Windsor, travelling locally and internationally. Wide range of projects in the fields of automotive industrial automation, food and beverage, water and waste water management. Technologies include using PLCs, robots, motion controllers, vision systems, SCADA and HMI packages.
Works closely with Controls Engineering Manager, Project Manager and Sales.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Designing PLC code for Rockwell and Siemens control systems.
- Incorporate VFDs, Servos, PID loops and other motion controllers
- Integrate safety systems including safety PLCs
- Designing and deploying HMI and SCADA applications
- Programming and teaching Industrial Robots such as ABB, Fanuc, Nachi and others
- Testing, configuring, and deploying machine vision systems
- Machine commissioning and start-up activities
- Debugging, testing and trouble shooting on customer's floor
- Improve cycle time, uptime and reliability of automated equipment and processes
- Attend customer meetings and maintain One Note issues deck and meeting notes
- Track changes to scope and communicate cost implications to supervisor and proposal
- Must be able to travel to Mexico and the US on an as needed basis
Qualifications and Skills
- Senior level electrical print reading skills
- Proven knowledge of Rockwell , Siemens and Omron Automation components and software products
- Design of safety systems using discrete safety components and safety PLCs
- Familiar with VFDs, servo systems, PID loops, vision systems, HMIs and industrial robots
- Strong technical oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read mechanical assembly prints
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks on time
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Strong problem solving skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can prioritize tasks on multiple concurrent projects while maintaining an attention to detail
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Driver’s licence
- Electrical Technology Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Flexibility with personal schedule to meet deadlines and support business travel
3-4 years in an automation or manufacturing environment
Competitive wages and benefits
Job Type: Full-time
- Control System Programming: 3 years