Lpn Edmonton Area Jobs Vacancy in Bayshore Healthcare Edmonton
Bayshore Healthcare Edmonton urgently required following position for Lpn Edmonton Area. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Lpn Edmonton Area Jobs Vacancy in Bayshore Healthcare Edmonton Jobs Details:
The Licensed/Registered Practical Nurse, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, establishes, monitors and delivers nursing care to clients in a home setting as per the nursing care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external professional practice standards. As required, s/he provides support and direction to Unlicensed/Unregistered employees involved in direct client care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling and health teaching; nurse in charge in the setting and, if required, to the immediate Supervisor at the branch office.
- Provide care according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Licensed/Registered Practical Nurse
- Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial licensing body.
- Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
- Observe and document client conditions and changes following proper standards and in accordance with professional and Bayshore Medical Personnel standards.
- Understand and implement infection prevention practices.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Graduation from an accredited Licensed/Registered Practical Nursing Program; current registration with the provincial licensing body.
Previous experience in the acute care sector; demonstrated clinical competencies; positive interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written; critical thinking and analytical skills; decision making skills; ability to prioritize; clinical certificates considered an asset.
Other Skills and Abilities
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks; able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift 23 kilograms; able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting and rolling in bed; able to read and interpret technical instructions related to client care; able to visually and auditorially observe and assess clients; ability to travel; evidence of current CPR certification.