Administrative Officer Classe Family Birthing Centre Night Shift Jobs Vacancy in Ciusss Centre Ouest Montr Montréal
- Administrative Officer Classe Family Birthing Centre Night Shift
- Ciusss Centre Ouest Montr
- Montréal QC
- 10 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
Ciusss Centre Ouest Montr Montréal urgently required following position for Administrative Officer Classe Family Birthing Centre Night Shift. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Officer Classe Family Birthing Centre Night Shift Jobs Vacancy in Ciusss Centre Ouest Montr Montréal Jobs Details:
Person who, based on her/his thorough knowledge of a department’s or program’s functioning, accomplishes a range of administrative tasks according to established methods and complex procedures that she/he will modify as needed. Her/his responsibilities generally and mainly include secretarial tasks, automated office work, as well as the opening and management of files or handling of data requiring specific knowledge. She/he may test the functioning of computerized office equipment, as well as provide technical support to the users of this equipment.
The incumbent coordinates activities of the Patient Care Unit under the direction of the Head Nurse or his/her delegate. He/she facilitates the effective functioning of the clinical unit by efficiently performing a variety of clerical duties. Maintains effective communication (verbal/written)amongst all health care professionals and patients/families in order to accomplish these outcomes.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follows the Hospital Code of Confidentiality.
• Answers telephone and screens calls appropriately.
• Conveys appropriate information to families and visitors.
• Answers patients' intercom and transmits messages appropriately.
• Conveys any pertinent information to the Head Nurse/Charge Nurse that may impact the staffing of the unit
• Books patient appointments, tests and contacts physician about admissions and consultation requests.
• Records "stat" results and relays them to nurse immediately.
• Provides information to patient/families for hiring of private duty employees, as required.
• Initiates patient's chart on admission. Follows any other unit specific procedure for admissions.
• Notifies Admitting Office regarding transfers, discharges and deaths and ensures that necessary forms have been completed.
• Maintains a record of admissions, transfers and discharge.
• Coordinates patient transport.
• Ensures that specimens are correctly labeled and sent to the appropriate laboratories.
• Phones O.R. Booking Office for the list of patients scheduled for following day, if required.
• Participates in payroll related activities, as requested.
• Understands budget principles and performs his/her duties in a cost efficient manner.
• Maintains inventory management at a satisfactory level.
• Makes a periodical inventory of equipment and supplies.
• Reports any non-functioning equipment to appropriate personnel.
• Performs other responsibilities as requested by Head Nurse or his/her delegate.
• Two years CEGEP
• Medical secretary training or equivalent
• Experience in a hospital setting
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Computer application skills
• Bilingual: French and English
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If your work experience has changed since your last visit, be sure to attach your resume to assert your entire career path.
If you are applying for a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your CV for your application to be considered.