Job Title Facility Attendant Call Jobs Vacancy in City Calgary Calgary
City Calgary Calgary urgently required following position for Job Title Facility Attendant Call. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Job Title Facility Attendant Call Jobs Vacancy in City Calgary Calgary Jobs Details:
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. The City offers unique, diverse jobs and a variety of work locations. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life. As the Facility Attendant On-Call you will be responsible for operating and maintaining recreation facilities on various assigned shifts. This position reports to the Arena/Athletic Parks Foreman or Senior Facility Attendant. Primary duties include:
- Set up playing fields such as re-grading shale, de-thatching turf and installing base markers.
- Maintain fields and remove weeds and sod lips by operating a sod cutter.
- Install ice rinks by preparing the floor, building ice layers and adding regulation markings; maintain surfaces by filling ruts and holes, edging along boards and cleaning by operating a Zamboni machine.
- Respond to requests for information or service from a variety of internal and external clients (general public, volunteers and contractors).
- Complete general janitorial work including washroom maintenance, cleaning dressing rooms and spectator seating areas, removing garbage and performing minor repairs (replacing toilet fixture seals).
- Remove snow from walkways and building entrances, perform general maintenance of athletic fields (mowing grass, trimming, watering, fertilizing), and operate irrigation systems.
- Help to maintain a safe work environment.
- A High School diploma or equivalency (for example: GED) and 1 year of experience working in arenas or athletic park and in the landscaping industry or related field.
- Hold a current Standard First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Level "C" certification. (Recommended providers include: Lifesaving, Red Cross or St. John Ambulance).
- A valid Class 5 Driver's License (or provincial equivalent).
- Ability to earn certification for any equipment that requires an operator's permit will be required.
- A Recreation Facility Operators course and any related Tuff Grass certification will be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with the general public in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and participate in a team environment.
- Applicants must provide proof of qualifications at time of interview.
Union: CUPE Local 37
Business Unit: Calgary Recreation
Position Type: up to 10 On-Call positions
Location: Various locations
Compensation: Pay Grade 3 $31.46 - 34.85 per hour (2017 cates)
Days of Work: Daytime, evenings and weekend shifts.
Hours of work: On-call hours vary based upon operational requirements.
Apply By: March 1, 2018
Job ID #: 300468