Marketing Outreach And Social Media Program Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Aiding Dramatic Change Development Toronto
- Marketing Outreach And Social Media Program Assistant
- Aiding Dramatic Change Development
- Toronto ON
- 11 May, 2018 14 days ago
Aiding Dramatic Change Development Toronto urgently required following position for Marketing Outreach And Social Media Program Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Marketing Outreach And Social Media Program Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Aiding Dramatic Change Development Toronto Jobs Details:
Aiding Dramatic Change in Development(ADCID) is a registered non-profit in Ontario, creating inspirational experiences for people to influence and transform the world around them. We facilitate the accessibility of theatre, and art as powerful forces for change, particularly to those in marginalized communities, by engaging through artistically inspiring projects where community and cultural dialogue remain at the core.
The Marketing, Outreach and Social Media Program Assistant will be working closely with ADCID’s Co-Executive Directors, Jennifer Jimenez and Stephen Sillett. They will be responsible for assisting with various media administrative, social media, and content marketing tasks. This will support the planning, and execution of the Imagining Possibilities Community Celebration, in July 2018.
Imagining Possibilitiesis a community arts project that engages adults in Toronto with Cerebral Palsy, who use Alternative Augmentative Communication (AAC). Together we create an improvised story creation and performance. This Community Celebration will share their stories, and past accomplishments through an exhibit in Toronto. The rehearsal, preparation of activities and celebration will occur at 180 Shaw St within the Artscape Youngplace.
This position is ideal for a candidate who is passionate about community-based development and has a background or strong interest in developing a career in: Marketing and Public Relations, Program Design and Strategy, Arts/Theatre Administration, Arts Education, Non-Profit Sector, or Project Management. This summer position is an 8 week contract starting on May 28th and end ing on July 20th, 2018, working for 30hrs/week at 20$/hrs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with Imagining Possibilities communications design, and implementation of ADCID’s marketing plans
- Assist with development of marketing materials such as flyers, website, social media, invitations, and event program
- Assist the Executive Director with drafting and distributing local press releases for the media
- Assist with updating and maintaining ADCID’s website and online presence
- Attend rehearsals and assist participants with the writing of their blog posts, as well as document, record and publish vlogs
- Assist with post-celebration feedback survey, and interviews which include evaluation creation, distribution, data-collection and interviewing
- Assist to organize media files
- Research and publish communication material
- Pursuing a degree or diploma related to Communications, Project Management, Marketing, Advertising, Arts Administration, and/or Public Relations.
- Excellent writing and communication skills to develop communication and marketing content
- Critical thinking, and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Interest and knowledge of community arts
- Appreciation of ethics involved when working with marginalized communities through the arts
- Experience and fluency with social media including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Mailchimp
- Experience/Education in design relating to web or interactive media, knowledge of Wordpress is an asset
- Skills with Adobe Illustrator, or other graphic design packages
- Skills with Adobe Premiere, and/or iMovie an asset
- Written French is an asset
Note: Funding for these positions is made possible by the Canadian Government's Canada Summer Jobs programme.
- Be between the ages of 18-30.
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in September 2018.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students not eligible)
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume, along with 2 references with their contact information by May 18th, 2018.
ADCID is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who identify as: belonging to a visible minority group, as a person with a disability, or aboriginal are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract
Salary: $20.00 /hour