Human Resources Generalist Jobs Vacancy in Maple Leaf Property Man Toronto
Maple Leaf Property Man Toronto urgently required following position for Human Resources Generalist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Human Resources Generalist Jobs Vacancy in Maple Leaf Property Man Toronto Jobs Details:
HOTEL: The Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville is located in the heart of the fashionable Yorkville and just steps to the TTC. Work with a dynamic and passionate team of hosts who are dedicated to delivering brilliant service. For Associate Engagement 2016, the Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville exceeded AON Hewitt’s Best Employer Benchmark for North America.
GENERAL SUMMARY: As an HR Generalist you will be an ambassador and role model of all company policies and values. The HR Generalist is a champion towards associate engagement and is active in ensuring that the hotel maintains itself as a great place to work for our associates.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Greeting & Assisting associates with general inquiries
- Administers the recruitment process including postings of vacant positions, pre-screening of candidates, scheduling interviews, as well as completing reference checks and offer letters
- Acts as an advisor to hiring managers to ensure that the hotel hires the most talented associates who will contribute to the success of the hotel
- Sets our associates up for success by administering all onboarding procedure for all new hires
- Assists with all day to day administrative functions of the department
- Ensures all associate communication is updated; such as communication boards & quarterly associate newsletter
- Ensures that the hotel is well represented on LinkedIn and on job boards
- Assists with various HR training programs such as Marriott brand training and Health & Safety training
- Partners with Colleges & Universities, participates in career fairs in promoting Marriott Toronto Bloor Yorkville as a place of work
- Chairperson of our Care Committee to meet fundraising goals for the year
- Active in associate relations by assisting in organizing associate programs/events
- Administers the non-management benefit programs
- Administering WSIB claims and is chairperson of our Joint Health & Safety Committee to ensure compliance to all OHS policies
- Assists with ensuring accuracy of payroll using ADP
- And other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a hotel preferably in HR
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of ADP Payroll is an asset
- Working towards achieving CHRP
- Post secondary education in HR, or other related field
- Must be detail oriented and highly motivated
- Must be a self-starter with proven leadership and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Is approachable with an ability to communicate with a diverse workforce
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to relate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills, and an ability to multitask
The Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a positive and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Accommodations will be made available upon request for applicants with disabilities to enable them to participate in the selection process. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department upon application.