Administrative Assistant Admissions Discharge Jobs Vacancy in Yukon Hospital Corporation Whitehorse
Yukon Hospital Corporation Whitehorse urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant Admissions Discharge. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Admissions Discharge Jobs Vacancy in Yukon Hospital Corporation Whitehorse Jobs Details:
Reporting to the Manager Admissions and Discharge (A&D) and Health Records, the incumbent operates the Hospital switchboard and paging systems; registers patients and processes hospital admissions, discharges and transfers for inpatients, Emergency, Surgical Day Care, Minor Procedure and Clinical patients in the Patient Information (ADT) System; performs hospital reception and other related financial and clerical duties, liaises with patients, physicians, visitors, hospital departments and other staff.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are as follows:
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of the functions of a general hospital
- Knowledge of MS Office products Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent typing/keyboarding skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong observation skills
- Ability to interview patients who are often under duress and obtain necessary information
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to pay attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
- Proficient use of office equipment and computers
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a stressful environment
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use tact and diplomacy, and work under pressure
- Cross Cultural awareness
The successful applicant will have a grade 12 education or GED, minimum 6 months experience dealing with the general public, minimum 6 month experience in an office setting, a type speed of 40 wpm, and Non Violent Crisis Intervention or other violent prevention training (to be obtained within 6 months of hire). Experience with a switchboard or paging system, medical terminology course, Medical Office Assistant or similar medical office or hospital support type course such as Hospital Support Specialist, experience with Meditech and previous admitting experience would be considered an asset for this position.
Please note: Shift work is required for this position. This includes being available for the following shifts: 7:00am -7:00pm; 11:00am to 11:00pm & 11:00pm to 7:00am.
Quoting competition # 2018-220, email your resume by 4:00 p.m. on June 25, 2018 to: email@example.com
People Services & Culture (Formerly Human Resources Department)
Whitehorse General Hospital
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority consideration. We thank all those who apply and advise that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posting Date: June 11, 2018