Online Student Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Nova Scotia Community College Nscc Halifax
Nova Scotia Community College Nscc Halifax urgently required following position for Online Student Support Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Online Student Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Nova Scotia Community College Nscc Halifax Jobs Details:
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Student Awards and Experience
Term Full Time Position: Commencing approximately February 19, 2018 and ending approximately March 9, 2019
Application deadline is midnight, February 15, 2018
Competition No. 2018-037
Salary range: $40,838.86 to $47,960.53 annually
What you will be doing…
The major responsibilities of this position are to serve as a central point of contact for service provision to students, with a particular focus on Apprenticeship programs. This role provides support for students using learning systems, accessing services and programs, as well as coordinating regular administrative processes related to the Apprenticeship experience. You will ensure that processes and procedures are in place and implemented to provide all students in online and tech-enabled courses with a productive, efficient and supportive system in which to be successful in their learning. You will answer registration inquiries, deal with technical questions, and prepare routine correspondence and information packages. You will work with the learning management system and the student information system to enroll learners and provide regular reports. You will also maintain files and answer inquiries from a variety of stakeholders.
What we are looking for…
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand our position as role models to our students and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC’s mission. You bring a learning-centered perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a post-secondary diploma in Business or Office Administration.
- You have a minimum of five years of recent and related occupational experience in the area of developing, designing and supporting online courses and programs.
- Occupational experience that includes working in a postsecondary environment, using learning and information management systems and providing support to students would be considered an asset.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail, learning management systems, ticketing systems and enterprise information systems.
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in advancing your work
- Experience supporting/providing service to students and prospective students would be considered an asset
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and are able to interact at all levels of an organization
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and are able to create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in enterprise information systems like PeopleSoft, learning management systems like Brightspace, and ticketing systems like TeamDynamix
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are a strong communicator both written and oral
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to process coordination, timely information sharing, and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders )
- You have proven records and information management skills and abilities specifically related to entering and retrieving information with accuracy.
- You demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence in serving students and supporting a team in delivering on institutional goals.
- You are dedicated to life-long learning demonstrated by an openness and adaptability to change as well as the ability to be self-driven in acquiring new skills and knowledge.
You will change lives. You will join committed individuals as we work to build Nova Scotia’s economy and improve quality of life through education and innovation. As an NSCC employee, you will be part of that change.
You will find a place to grow personally and professionally with opportunities for professional development and collaborative projects. You will do meaningful and challenging work in a publically accountable and respectful working and learning environment that is diverse, safe and inclusive. You will have the freedom to enable innovation, improvement and excellence. You will celebrate the uniqueness of individuals. Our college welcomes diversity in both its student body and its employees, and we take every opportunity to become more inclusive. We encourage applications from qualified candidates from all diverse communities including but not limited to Indigenous Persons, racially visible persons, people with disabilities and women in non-traditional roles. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing an online questionnaire with your application.
NSCC offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package. As a learning-centred organization, we provide opportunities for every NSCC employee to be a life-long learner. Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent, occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
To apply for College jobs, simply click on the Apply Now Online button. To serve you better, NSCC has a user-friendly on-line application process in partnership with Career Beacon. First time users will complete a basic registration and receive a username and password via email (NOTE: email may appear in "Junk Mail" folder depending upon your mail management configuration). You will then have the option of uploading your existing resume(s) and cover letter(s) in seconds or creating them on-the-spot in the "editor". For more information about working at the College, please visit us at http://www.nscc.ca/about_nscc/jobs_at_nscc/