Ngl Scheduler Jobs Vacancy in Superior Propane Calgary
Superior Propane Calgary urgently required following position for Ngl Scheduler. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Ngl Scheduler Jobs Vacancy in Superior Propane Calgary Jobs Details:
This role supports Superior Propane's sister company, Superior Gas Liquids. Superior Gas Liquids is a leading mid-stream marketer providing innovative and dependable energy solutions to gas & oil producers and whole sale propane and NGL end-users.
Reporting directly to the Logistics Team Lead, the NGL Scheduler is responsible for forecasting supply requirements, ensuring timely and cost effective ordering and delivery of propane to consistently meet inventory and supply needs for Superior storage locations and direct delivered customers. The NGL Scheduler works closely with the marketing group to ensure supply plans are executed and manages the day to day relationships with the gas plants and third party trucking companies. This role is also responsible for ensuring orders are executed in a cost effective manner, with maximum productivity, and for providing appropriate direction and control of related transport providers to ensure all relevant Health and Safety standards and practices are maintained.
Forecast Propane and Butane supply requirements on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to:
- Identify variances from expected volumes; from primary/ pipeline locations
- Manage the stability of forecasts with regional expectations to achieve supply consistency.
- Solicit regional input for planning
- Work with marketers to ensure supply is available and point out any areas of concerns
- Develop plans and analyze performance for MSA (Master Supply Agreement), MTA (Master Transportation Agreement) and MMR (Monthly Material Requirements) to ensure supply flow is effective to meet market requirements and is balanced with contractual requirements with propane suppliers.
- Monitor and manage KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) for transportation providers to ensure they are consistently meeting our service, cost and safety requirements.
- Coordinate and monitor deliveries to primary supply storage locations ensuring they are delivered in a cost effective and timely manner. Validate performance against contracts expectation and review discrepancies for follow-up.
- Manage relationships with various contacts at the different terminals, plants and refineries of our supplies as well as the trucking companies
- Responsible for providing monthly nominations and updates to our various inventory holders.
- Track contractual liftings of our Canadian and US wholesale customers and act as main point of contact for any supply/pricing questions.
- Work closely with the Rail Logistic analyst to ensure everyone on the Logistics team is cross-trained for back up and support reasons.
- Responsible for understanding, managing and maintaining SGL’s Landed Cost specific information in order to ensure all product is shipped in the most cost effective way.
- Work closely with SGL marketers to ensure the supply plan is executed and to optimize profits through efficient origin/destination pairings and maximizing rebates.
- Ensure timely delivery information is available on Secure Sheet so that the admin team can receipt product purchases.
- Resolve problems by determining the root cause and taking pro-active steps to prevent future occurrences. Communicate issues that impact supply chain including weather, carrier malfunctions, etc and provide updated routing or supply delay information to the internal operations.
- Identify, develop, activate and manage contingency plans and be on call for product unavailability or shortages.
- Identify and assist in the resolution of any issues between Superior Propane and Superior Gas Liquids
- Develop, manage and maintain relationships with direct and 3rd party suppliers to reduce demurrage costs, improve and enhance modal efficiencies and build a strong network to achieve overall Supply and Transportation objectives.
- Monitor relevant expenses related to primary transportation and product costing to ensure cost effective delivery of services to respective regions.
- Work with AP and SGL to ensure all payables for product costs and transportation are current and accurate.
- Advise the regional business and customers as the subject matter expert on supply and transportation initiatives, projects and new account set ups.
- Conduct site visits to customer account sites, refinery lift points, 3rd party carrier locations and Superior sites to ensure compliance, assess concerns and review performance.
- Ensure the successful planning and execution of strategic projects as assigned
- Minimum of University Degree or professional certification or equivalent training.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ logistics experience. Experience at a marketing organization or in LPG industry would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the rail industry would be an asset
- Intermediate computer knowledge including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) are required; Microsoft Access and JDE experience is preferred
- Knowledge of regional geography.
- Proven ability to build positive working relationships with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid planning and organizational skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Fluency in French/English, both written and verbal would be an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- logistics: 3 years
- Calgary, AB