Senior Dental Clerk Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto
City Toronto Toronto urgently required following position for Senior Dental Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Dental Clerk Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto Jobs Details:
- Receives and reconciles all dental insurance claims from dental clerks at all dental treatment facilities and forwards to insurance companies, ensuring all dental procedures are correctly coded and all required information is included, such as tooth number and surfaces
- Account reconciliation for claims submitted
- Provides information technology consultation to the dental screening teams, including providing assistance when issues arise with the screening teams' computers, laptops, programs or databases
- Assists in the management of data collection, provincial and municipal databases, and the preparation of reports to submit to governmental stakeholders
- Monitors various dental program contracts
- Provides financial processing and reconciliation of dental supply orders and invoices for the dental clinics
- Provides financial processing and reconciliation of the cheques for dentures fabricated in clinics with invoices sent by the contracted dental laboratory. Uses knowledge of various denture procedures and dentures to ensure correct coding, charges and payments
- Trains new clerical staff and provides guidance on dental clinic clerical operations and responsibilities, including clerical duties, scheduling, governmental databases, dental records archiving, and dental ordering systems
- Monitors and balances petty cash and token distribution for all dental staff
- Maintains and updates various dental equipment inventory including movement of the equipment within and out of the clinic, and any repairs undertaken
- Monitors the x-ray badge/dosimeter program and notifies the director's administrative assistant of staff who are delinquent in sending their badges for reading
- Monitors and updates the Material Data Safety Sheets for all applicable materials used in the dental clinics as per health and safety standards
- Provide support for budget reporting and analysis
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines and with minimum supervision and direction.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing; writing reports, correspondence, etc.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and the ability to learn the City's accounting policies and procedures related to accounts payable, receivable, purchasing and payroll.
- Ability to be the first responder to clerical staff on Information technology technical issues.
- Ability to represent the dental program on various internal and external committees.
- Ability to perform detailed computations and calculations.
- Ability to provide work direction and training to clerical staff.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and maintain cooperative relationships.
- May be required to work overtime to meet regular deadlines.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.