Manufacturing Associate Engineer Year Contract Jobs Vacancy in Laborie Medical Technologies Mississauga
Laborie Medical Technologies Mississauga urgently required following position for Manufacturing Associate Engineer Year Contract. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manufacturing Associate Engineer Year Contract Jobs Vacancy in Laborie Medical Technologies Mississauga Jobs Details:
Laborie Medical Technologies continues to grow and is currently searching for a Manufacturing Associate/Engineer for a 1-year contract. As a company that works hard every day to develop innovative medical devices, we thrive on improving the lives of patients around the world. If you’re interested in joining us and using your expertise to make a tangible difference, please read on to learn more about our company and the life-changing work we do…
The Manufacturing Associate/Engineer is responsible for all manufacturing-related activities within the scope of assigned integration projects. Working closely with the R&D and QA departments to ensure efficient design transfer processes, this individual thrives in cross-functional teams. With experience in lean manufacturing environments and relevant product knowledge, s/he helps improve manufacturing processes and explore new ideas.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with excellent attention to detail. Being highly organized by nature, s/he can deal with complexity and work within tight deadlines. The ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team setting is a must.
- Liaise with the R&D and QA department to ensure efficient design transfer process
- Design systems and processes for new products or the advancement of existing products
- Work with other engineers, such as software, mechanical and electrical engineers, to ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the final production
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; confer with QA and R&D; soliciting observations from operators
- Develop manufacturing processes; study product requirements; research, design, modify, and test manufacturing methods and equipment; confer with QA and R&D
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, time study, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements
- Prepare product and process reports: collect, analyze, and summarize information and trends
- Provide manufacturing engineering information and answer questions and requests
- Maintain product and company reputation; in compliance with government regulations
- Ensure equipment is operational: coordinate maintenance and repair services; follow manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; request special service
- Write computer programs; entering data to maintain product and process data base
- Coordinate with cross functional teams, training and guiding technicians to implement new product designs and design updates to existing products
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- 5 years’ experience as Manufacturing/ Production Engineer preferably in Medical Devices
- Electrical/Electronic/Electromech/Manufacturing engineering
- Lean Manufacturing experience with knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
- Experience in ISO 13485/ISO 9000 environment preferred
- Ability to deal with Complexity
- Ability to communicate with cross-functional teams
- Holds strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Knowledge of DFM
- Experience with Manufacturing Quality, Product Development
- Comfortable Presenting Technical Information
- CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design
- Project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Awareness of health and safety issues
- Organization and Time management skills
- Minimum Travel Requirements: Average of 5 days per month depending on project requirements
In addition to working with great people in a supportive work culture every day, we offer competitive compensation, benefits, many opportunities for career advancement, and significant on-the-job training.
If this sounds like you, please apply with your resume and cover letter.
LABORIE is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
LABORIE is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in our services, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities.
LABORIE, (www.LABORIE.com) is a leading global developer, manufacturer and marketer of medical technologies and devices. We deliver innovative Urological and Gastrointestinal products that improve patients’ health and quality of life. Our reputation and brand continues to be the “gold standard” in our industry.
In business since 1967, LABORIE remains a proud Canadian company, headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario. Our global reach extends to 11 offices, in 10 countries and our manufacturing facilities are located in Mississauga, Montreal, USA, The Netherlands and Switzerland. Working closely with clinicians, universities, and non-profits around the globe, we make a difference worldwide.
Today, LABORIE is one of the world’s fastest growing medical technology companies. Since 2012, we have acquired 14 additional companies within our market space; product line offerings have increased and we’ve expanded into new categories. We are excited by our recent change in ownership to Patricia Industries, a division of Investor AB. Investor AB is a leading owner of best in class international companies and holds significant shareholder interests in quality companies such as AstraZeneca, NASDAQ, ABB, Ericsson, Electrolux, Saab and many others. With this new partnership, we continue to grow as we make acquisitions and further accelerate our growth strategies. This kind of growth signals an exciting time for the company and presents great opportunities for joining our team of action-oriented and forward thinking individuals are inspired by challenging career opportunities