Digital Media Communications Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Council Ontario Universities Toronto
Council Ontario Universities Toronto urgently required following position for Digital Media Communications Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Digital Media Communications Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Council Ontario Universities Toronto Jobs Details:
Representing the collective interests of Ontario’s publicly-assisted universities, COU (www.cou.on.ca) promotes higher education in Ontario through analysis and policy development, advocacy and communications.
The Council of Ontario Universities (COU) is looking for a highly motivated, creative Digital Media, Communications Specialist with experience and a passion for leading and implementing dynamic digital and communications strategies to meet targeted objectives. The successful candidate will be part of a small, creative Communications Team, with a strong emphasis on leading our digital marketing efforts using the most effective new media and digital tools available.
The Digital Media, Communications Specialist will work as part of the Communications Department team to promote our brand and meet our advocacy objectives on behalf of our member universities using evolving online marketing tools, including our websites, social media accounts, blogs, e-newsletters, and creative digital content.
The successful candidate will also work with our Government Relations and Policy Departments to help develop and execute communications initiatives to support overall objectives.
- Design strategic digital media campaigns aligned with organizational objectives
- Creation of digital and non-digital content, including social cards, video and promotional collateral materials
- Manage a strong web presence to boost brand awareness and promote key messages
- Maintain a strong online voice through social media, and engage with and grow our audiences
- Suggest and implement marketing strategies for targeted campaigns
- Monitor and report on ROI and KPIs using effective data analytic tools
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns
- Stay current in trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company
- Lend advice and support across all departments to help in their digital and communications needs and maintain brand alignment
- Design print communications products in-house when required
- Help identify and expand key audiences
- Some other departmental and administrative duties required including meeting support, budget tracking, event planning, and on-site support.
- At least five (5) years’ experience as a digital media and communications specialist
- Expert knowledge of content management systems and media editing software
- Familiarity with web and print design
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Ability to manage external vendors such as website development companies
- An ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in related field
- Understanding of and experience in government relations is a plus
- Ability to communicate in French an asset
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and portfolio samples to CommsPArecruit@cou.on.ca by 5 p.m. on Friday, February 2, 2018.
COU is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
COU is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform COU of your requirements.