Recreation Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Sienna Senior Living Kingston
Sienna Senior Living Kingston urgently required following position for Recreation Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Recreation Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Sienna Senior Living Kingston Jobs Details:
The Recreation Assistant assists in the planning, implementing and evaluating of recreation, lifestyle and wellness services and programs to meet the various physical, emotional, social, intellectual, spiritual and leisure interests and needs of the resident.
- Participates in the development and revision of departmental procedures and programs under the guidance of the Lifestyle Consultant.
- Sets up the activity area as necessary and assists in transporting residents to and from programs, if required.
- Assists in monitoring the residents' interests, needs and progress.
- Maintains program and resident records according to departmental policies. Regularly reports participation and feedback by residents to the Lifestyle Consultant.
- Promotes social interaction among residents in the following ways:
- Assumes leadership of assigned activities or special events.
- Assists new residents with orientation to the building and to the recreation program, and introduces them to the others within the residence.
- Promotes conversation and social interaction among residents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or Certificate in recreation/leisure studies or equivalent.
- Experience in working with seniors including an understanding of
- Understanding of leisure principles.
- Computer proficiency is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license (Class F if you drive a bus).
Location: Royale Place Retirement Residence, Kingston, ON
Posting Open Date: January 12, 2018
Posting Close Date: January 26, 2018
Act upon your desire to help others, an aspiration that exists within all of us. Join Sienna Senior Living and help us to continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly to:
2485 Princess Street
Kingston, ON K7M 3G1
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.