Laboratory Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Stressmarq Biosciences Inc Victoria
Stressmarq Biosciences Inc Victoria urgently required following position for Laboratory Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Laboratory Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Stressmarq Biosciences Inc Victoria Jobs Details:
Laboratory scientist or technician – Protein production and purification (grant-assisted 1-year term R&D position)
StressMarq Biosciences is a bioreagents company producing high-quality antibodies, proteins, assay kits, and small molecules for the life sciences. Based in Victoria, BC, with a small but dedicated group of scientists, we provide highly-validated products that are sold with our quality guarantee, and supported by our years of scientific expertise. StressMarq is growing rapidly and we currently have an opening for a Laboratory Technician – Development and Production.
The Laboratory Scientist/Technician will manage a specific set of protein generation/fermentation and purification efforts as part of the StressMarq R&D team. This can include managing external relationships with other groups involved in the project; confirming quality through the use of SDS-PAGE and Western Blotting, and maintaining accurate records. The position is full-time to cover an IRAP-assisted project (12 month contract), generally 9am-5pm but is categorized as high technology position. The ideal candidate will be interested and motivated to be working in a small company, becoming part of an efficient team that is rapidly driving the growth and technological base of the company. We are looking to start training the successful candidate in June 2018 (flexible start date).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Managing projects
- Bacterial fermentation
- Purifying proteins and quantifying yields
- Protein analysis
- Running ELISA tests
- Performing regular laboratory duties
- Managing associated paperwork with product release and quality control
- BSc in Biology or other related Science
- Must have some experience in bacterial fermentation
- Must have some experience in protein purification
- Lab-based work experience including western blot analysis and ELISA
- Experience with plasmid transfection
- Experience using image manipulation software such as Photoshop or ImageJ
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook)
- Excellent attention-to-detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrate initiative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team setting
How to Apply:
Please email a detailed cover letter and resume by Friday June 8th, 2018. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation based on experience. Candidates must be able to interview on-site in Victoria, BC Canada. This position does not qualify for relocation assistance.
For more information please visit our website:
Job Type: Full-time
- Victoria, BC