Program Assistant Human Resources Jobs Vacancy in Better Living Health And Community Services Toronto
Better Living Health And Community Services Toronto urgently required following position for Program Assistant Human Resources. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Assistant Human Resources Jobs Vacancy in Better Living Health And Community Services Toronto Jobs Details:
Better Living Health and Community Services, is currently recruiting for a Program Assistant to work with the Human Resources Department. The Program Assistant, Human Resources will assist with all aspects of the recruitment cycle including developing job postings, screening resumes, conducting interviews and onboarding new employees. This position is also responsible for compiling HR department statistics, coordinating employee leaves, and participating in health and safety initiatives. This position reports to the Manager, Administration and Human Resources.
The successful candidate for this position must have the following qualifications:
- A 1 year college diploma in human resources or related experience
- A minimum of 6-12 months of related work experience in an office or not-for-profit organization
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Working knowledge of Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, WSIB, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and other legal standards in Ontario an asset
- Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector Screening within one month of employment
The successful candidate(s) for this position must be able to:
- Recruit new employees including job postings, screening resumes, conducting interviews
- Onboard new employees
- Maintain up-to-date employee files
- Develop and conduct training sessions
- Compile HR department statistics including training records, incident reports and annual compliance requirements
- Coordinate employee leaves including correspondence, documentation and return to work follow-up
- Assist with planning and executing staff recognition activities
- Supervise placement students and volunteers as required
- Participate on the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Manage multiple workplace demands through strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exercise judgement, diplomacy and discretion
- Have the flexibility to travel to multiple work locations, including Newmarket
SALARY: $32,301 per annum
Better Living is an equal opportunity employer and is in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants need to make their request for accommodation known when contacted. Thank you to all who express interest in this position and we welcome all resumes however only those granted an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time