Publicist Just For Laughs Jobs Vacancy in Just For Laughs Montréal
Just For Laughs Montréal urgently required following position for Publicist Just For Laughs. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Publicist Just For Laughs Jobs Vacancy in Just For Laughs Montréal Jobs Details:
Just for Laughs is looking for Publicists to join their team for the 2018 Montreal Festival. Publicists will liaise between talent, management, and media in order to promote all artists participating in this year’s festival. As publicist, you will research and execute communication plans for Just for Laughs that reflect the company’s vision for the 2018 festival; as well as oversee all press releases, media requests, and attend weekly strategy meetings with the PR Manager.
Duration: 2 Months, starting end of May 2018
Location: Montreal, QC
Publicists for the festival will also work on initiatives to promote ComedyPRO and OFFJFL; and are expected to prepare accurate, thorough, and timely reports for media monitoring during all festival events. Publicists should demonstrate the ability to work with various levels of talent including comedians, talent management, domestic and international press, JFL staff, executives, and stakeholders.
English is essential; bilingualism is an asset.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research and execute tactical communication plans for JFL that reflect the organization’s vision and mission for 2018.
- Study artists to devise media angles of interest; write fun facts sheets for PR team to apply when pitching various opportunities.
- Create compelling long and short-term press/media strategies, compiling and preparing materials media may request.
- Proactively strategize media angles, pitches and manage publicity outreach.
- Write pitches, coordinate and manage interviews; escorte key talent to interviews.
- Oversee the press execution including writing press releases, pitches, photo call alerts, red carpet screenings.
- Coordinate and facilitate interview media requests, both in advance and during the festival; escort key talent to interviews.
- Maintain appropriate press reports per program and assist in monitoring and organizing press clippings.
- Assist publicity team by greeting media who attend evening/weekend performances.
- Coordinate efforts with PR photographer at various events/venues.
- Work with the Marketing/Social Media coordinator to help promote publicity opportunities with talent.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor Degree (or current student) in communications/marketing;
- Experience in PR, marketing, and/or event management;
- Above average organization and time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and nurture relationships with members of the media.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various levels of talent, press, and executives.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication, with copywriting skills;
- Problem solving skills and ability to work in fast paced environment;
- Capacity to work for long hours, as needed;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information
- Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization and complete design projects in a timeline manner;
- Incredible time management skills, combined with the ability to execute last minute details;
- Overall love of comedy!
Deadline for applicants is Friday, April 6th 2018