Admin Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Coast Mental Health Vancouver
Coast Mental Health Vancouver urgently required following position for Admin Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Admin Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Coast Mental Health Vancouver Jobs Details:
Coast Mental Health (Coast) is one of the largest mental health non-profit societies in Canada, and operates a large array of innovative housing and community based rehabilitation services for people with a mental illness living in and around Vancouver. Coast operates in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia providing approximately 1000 people with supportive housing and 4000 clients living in the community with a wide variety of programs and services.
Coast fosters a client-driven, recovery-oriented environment that promotes restoring health, personal growth and a return to society for individuals with a mental illness through advocacy and providing direct programs and services.
Job Summary: Within the Operational Services division, this position will provide a number of administrative support functions supporting Quality Management, Safety Systems, data administration and reporting and document management portal. In addition, this role may coordinate meetings, take minutes, or perform other support tasks for the department as required.
- REQ / RFP / Inventory control (warehousing &shipping) / A/P (verifies receipt of product/service forward for payment)
- Special one off requests (e.g. labels, printing jobs, lamination, orientation pkgs.)
- Meeting support (agenda preparation, taking meeting minutes)
- Ensure emergency (fire, earthquake) and safety inspections, drills, VRA's, suite audits,
- ComVida Updates on vacation, sick time and payroll
- Prepare tenancy agreements and renewals
- Prepare warning letters
- Schedule contractors for pest and Fire inspections and prepare notices regarding these inspections
- Schedule annual maintenance on gutters and boilers
- Schedule properties site inspections
- schedule move in / move outs for clients
- Purchase and maintain janitorial & other MSDS type supplies
- Hooks up/ transfers hydro, fortis cable, phone internet of SIL and new buildings
- Forwards timesheets / overtime
Office Administration Certificate and/or post-secondary training in office administration
Minimum of 2 years related experience and/or an acceptable combination of education, experience and training
Knowledge and Abilities:
Ability to type 60 wpm
Advanced computer skills including proficiency with office software programs including: word processing, spreadsheet, email, desktop publishing, web based technology and database management software; experience with Access databases would be an asset
Business writing skills and strong interpersonal communications
Ability to use initiative in organizing and prioriti
- We believe in the person, not the disease
- We operate client-centered care under the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation
- There is a variety of work within a particular position and within the organization
- We strive to be the best that we can be
- We hold Exemplary Status accreditation through Accreditation Canada
- We have won numerous awards for our innovative programming
- We care about our employees, and believe in living our values and culture throughout the organization