Coordinator Employment Services Training Jobs Vacancy in Calgary Drop Rehab Centre Society Calgary
Calgary Drop Rehab Centre Society Calgary urgently required following position for Coordinator Employment Services Training. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Coordinator Employment Services Training Jobs Vacancy in Calgary Drop Rehab Centre Society Calgary Jobs Details:
Who are you?
Reporting to the Manager of ESS/EST, the Coordinator of Employment Services Training (EST) is responsible for coordination, implementation, management and evaluation of all aspects of the Employment Services Training program. The successful incumbent will participates in strategic planning and funding acquisition initiatives. You will work within the guidelines, policies and mission of the agency and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
Hours of work are 8 hours per day/5 days per week; regular schedule to be determined. Some unusual hours maybe required from time to time as the need arises (could include some weekends, evenings and holidays). These hours may be altered at the discretion of management.
This will be a full time, contract position until March 31, 2019.
- Responsible to ensure that all program activities of EST runs smoothly and to uphold the vision, mission, goals and the ethics of The DI
- Coordinates employment assistance services through apprenticeship by partnering with our Woodshop in this initiative
- Provides case management services to EST participants, meeting with them on a regular basis to offer the necessary supports/resources to assist them in meeting their personally developed goals.
- Ensures EST programs are aligned for greatest efficiency
- Facilitates training and resolves staffing issues in tandem with Human Resources department.
- Participates in all aspects of the program, including curriculum development, overseeing and assisting with special projects, managing the classroom, intake support, conducting telephone interviews, and other miscellaneous tasks
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner, be a trusted representative of the DI and provide exceptional service to our clients and members of the community
- Assists in the classroom where necessary as a Teacher’s Assistant, particularly with the Computer classes, Employment workshops, and helping students fine-tune their resumes and cover letters
- Ensures the effectiveness of the program’s external communications: dealing with service providers, liaising with government, and developing EST’s employer relations
- Maintains communication with past graduates for employment opportunities, follow-ups, and graduate survey
- Develops and implements graduate surveys and statistics that will be beneficial to the program
- Conducts interviews with students to discover relevant resources to connect them within the city, research these resources, and compile them into an information package for each student
- Always looks for ways to improve the EST role and the program as a whole
- Deals with program inquiries from potential students, service providers and any other members of the community
- Perform other related duties including administrative and special project duties as required
Qualifications and Essential Skills
- Minimum two years’ experience in the Human Services field and / or Administration experience
- Completion of a post-secondary program (bachelor’s degree or diploma) or demonstrated expertise in the field of instruction would be ideal
- Previous work experience in a social service environment or similar role may replace formal education requirements
- Strong Administration skills (data entry, phone calls, relationship management)
- Clean, valid driver’s license is a definite asset (must be at least 25 years of age for insurance purposes)
- Energetic and self-directed, with effective time management and organizational skills including the ability to deal with several priorities at the same time
- Strong strategically-focused analytical skills, good common sense; and capacity to provide leadership
- Well-developed interpersonal, conflict resolution and negotiating skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to improve projects, programs and processes
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in Office365 and Microsoft Office Suite 2016
- Demonstrate essential desktop troubleshooting skills
- Eager to learn new systems and adopt improved best practices
What We Offer
The "DI” aims to be an employer of choice in our industry, offering an opportunity to help make a real difference in our community, and more importantly in the lives of less privileged people. We take great care in hiring the right people who fit, and who share our outlook on the value of people.
If you are looking for a challenging position in a dynamic team and organization, then this position is right for you!
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.