Senior Project Manager Technology Projects Jobs Vacancy in City Ottawa Ottawa
City Ottawa Ottawa urgently required following position for Senior Project Manager Technology Projects. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Project Manager Technology Projects Jobs Vacancy in City Ottawa Ottawa Jobs Details:
Position: Senior Project Manager, Technology Projects
Competition Number: 2018-EX-EN-52019310-01
Competition posting date: 2018.01.31
Competition closing date: 2018.02.14
Transportation Services Department, Transit Customer Systems & Planning, Technology & Control Systems
1 Full-time Temporary Position (up to 30 months) - 35 hours/week
MPE Pay Grade 3
Location: Transit Service, 1500 St.Laurent
Category: Current Opportunities
Employment Group: Transportation
The Senior Project Manager serves as the department's specialist for major projects and is responsible and
accountable for organizing, directing, coordinating and supervising the implementation of solutions.
The projects are highly complex; of multi-million dollar value; may have a high profile with the public; are a
departmental /corporate priority; may involve significant risk; are often composed of several sub-projects; and
may extend over multiple years.
These projects include:
- major capital asset related projects i.e. new capital asset acquisition and lifecycle projects; and
- other related complex, unique projects.
project management, business analysis, process review, and the implementation of redesigned processes
and new technology solutions/processes/applications needed to support or expand business operations for
the Transit Services Department.
The Senior Project Manager leads project teams through contracted service providers, consultants or
assigned teams of staff. Under their delegated authority, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for all
phases of project delivery from project inception through tendering/consultant selection/award, assembling of
project teams, project implementation, monitoring, tracking and reporting on project status, vetting all project
expenditures, and presenting completed results. Once the capital project is complete, the incumbent is
responsible for ongoing monitoring relative to lifecycle maintenance or for overseeing the transition/turnover
to the operational support team.
The Senior Project Manager directs the implementation of project strategies, and project work, and manages
the financial and human resources related/assigned to the project. The incumbents participate in the hiring of
internal and external consultants by preparing Request for Proposal, Statement of Work.
Education & Experience
Four (4) years honours university degree in Engineering, Architecture, Public Administration, Business
Administration, Management Information Systems or a related, relevant field which includes a concentration
in project planning and management.
Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the management of complex
transportation-related projects, business analysis, and project/policy development, including directly related
experience managing project human resources, including external consultants, and working with project
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent.
- English oral, reading, writing required.
- Knowledge of the issues/principles involved in the provision of large IT projects., knowledge of transit
- Will need to understand how various transit operating processes and customer/vehicle data collection
- Possess an understanding of asset acquisition/lifecycle management of major transit assets, programs
planning, construction/renovation of major capital assets)
- Business process re-engineering and business improvement techniques
- Principles of project management, including cost containment/control and reporting; cost benefit
- Process for developing Request for Qualifications & Requests for Proposals, including acceptance,
- Software testing methodologies and tools
- Supply management and procurement processes including, but not limited to processes for developing
- Knowledge of project design, development, implementation, and evaluation methods/techniques
- Protocols for developing submissions, briefings, major reports
- Processes for preparing project and division budgets
- Must possess the training, experience and knowledge to organize the work and its performance.
- Must be familiar with all applicable health and safety legislation, have knowledge of any potential or
taken in order to ensure the health and safety of staff in accordance with applicable legislation and City
policies and procedures.
Competencies & Skills
- Proven ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, and collaboratively with all staff as
- Able to supervise, lead, coach, support, train and motivate staff, integrate the work of external
work quality, scheduling and completion in a complex, unionized fast-paced customer support work
- Possess organizational skills and flexibility to plan, initiate, organize and prioritize own work and that of
- Able to think and plan strategically
- Possess strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Able to manage concurrent complex, multi-million dollar and often highly sensitive projects and bring
- Able to manage activities of technical and non-technical staff, and consultants, and to co-ordinate
- Able to prepare RFQ's and RFP's, and to review, analyze and recommend acceptance of proposals
- Able to deal with sensitive and/or confidential work situations
- Able to work collaboratively, and influence others to bring conflicting points of view to consensus
- Possess computer literacy in MS Office Suite in a Windows environment, including use of the Intra-
- Skilled in the use of complex, advanced computer applications
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and report writing skills
- Possess presentation skills to present information to internal/external audiences
button. If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process
will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that
reflects the diverse population it serves. The City encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the
HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.