Programmer Analyst Advisory Jobs Vacancy in Scotiabank Toronto
Scotiabank Toronto urgently required following position for Programmer Analyst Advisory. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Programmer Analyst Advisory Jobs Vacancy in Scotiabank Toronto Jobs Details:
Requisition ID: 19468
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
The Programmer Analyst Advisory is responsible for providing specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, implementation and support. The incumbent is responsible for current and future implementation projects within the group, introducing new technologies to meet business objectives and providing technical consultation and guidance to all development projects.
1. Manage and participate ‘hands-on’ in the implementation of centralised security master for reference and pricing data including loading, modelling, storage, cleansing and integration with downstream consuming systems by analyzing user requirements, providing technical specifications and designs, developing detailed work-plans, scheduling technical resources, monitoring progress against plan and developing/maintaining programs according to standards. The incumbent must ensure software, programs and applications developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
2. Provide technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all development staff on all aspects of application development for assigned applications or technology. Provide recommendations on departmental standards surrounding systems architecture, application development, systems integration, data modelling, testing, as well as, performing reviews and walkthroughs of all major project deliverables to ensure the quality and completeness of functionality.
3. Provide production and user acceptance testing application support to complex technical problems on all assigned applications and technology that serve each business unit by analyzing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures surrounding support. The incumbent may be required to carry a beeper and be available at all times to provide support to the system during overnight processing runs.
4. Implement new systems or enhancements by reviewing programs written by team members, establishing and executing system test procedures, developing implementation plans, developing the required program and system documentation and ensuring all functionality has been delivered as required. The incumbent is also required to provide post implementation support and training to the computer operations staff on the production processing functionality.
5. Maintain a good understanding of the Division's business strategies, business policies, financial instruments, risk management and backoffice processing. In addition, the incumbent is required to provide leadership and specialized consultation in defining, planning and maintaining a strategy for the architecture, development and implementation of technology, systems and MIS within the Division to provide effective technical consulting and support services to the Division.
6. Ensure the department's objectives are met by assisting in recruiting qualified staff, providing input to performance appraisals on time and maintaining up to date knowledge of technology, industry and business practices.
The incumbent is guided by Bank policy and receives broad direction from the Senior Manager/Director, and general direction from the Project Manager for the projects assigned. The incumbent is expected to function independently to identify opportunities for automation or efficiency, to introduce new technologies and to ensure that the department's objectives are met.
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies:The following are must:
- Analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills in order to develop and support systems to meet user requirements.
- Be creative and flexible in identifying technical solutions to resolve business problems in a rapidly changing, demanding and complex business environment.
- Must have a detailed understanding of the application systems he/she is responsible for.
- Support more than one application and able to multi task between priorities.
1. System analyses and design(10+ years)
2. Understanding of server technologies (Websphere, Internet Information Server, Apache, WebLogic), operating systems (Windows 2008R2/2012, AIX, Linux) and server security. (5+ years)
3. Object oriented programming (i.e. Java/J2EE, .Net, C ++ ) and database technology (7+ years)
4. Knowledge of one or more development technologies (VB.Net. HTML, XML, Java Script, JSP,unix scripting, Cognos Products, Oracle Applications etc.) Comprehensive knowledge of relational database concepts.(7+ years)
The following are an asset:
- Agile team experience
- IBM OpenPages application development
- Cognos reports development
- Integrating 3rd party vendor products experience
- Experience with onshore and offshore models
- 10+ years of experience in the software development field
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
- Candidates with a financial industry background will be preferred
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.