Business Solutions Expert Temporary Year Full Time Assignment Retail Banking Investment Sys Jobs Vacancy in Scotiabank Toronto
- Business Solutions Expert Temporary Year Full Time Assignment Retail Banking Investment Sys
- Toronto ON
- 08 Feb, 2018 30+ days ago
Scotiabank Toronto urgently required following position for Business Solutions Expert Temporary Year Full Time Assignment Retail Banking Investment Sys. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Business Solutions Expert Temporary Year Full Time Assignment Retail Banking Investment Sys Jobs Vacancy in Scotiabank Toronto Jobs Details:
Requisition ID: 19223
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Investment Systems Technical Solutions provides stewardship for the Investment Platform from an application and infrastructure perspective. The Investment Platform is a core banking system which provides transactional support and record keeping for cash, GICs and mutual funds on behalf of the Retail Deposits, Scotia Securities and Scotia Asset Management and GTB.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Business Solution Expert must have strong technology and business analysis skills. The Business Solution Expert uses business and technical knowledge of the Investment Platform application to do the research and analysis required to create medium/complex solution design. Additionally, the Business Solution Expert is an active participant in the quality assurance process through testing and debugging of new packaged solutions or enhancements to the existing application.
The Business Solution Expert requires demonstrated skills in application technical analysis, communication, influence, cross-functional group collaboration, and coordination. The Business Solution Expert must be proactive, dynamic, flexible, demonstrate initiative, has an eagerness to learn and thrive on challenge.
The Business Solution Expert may have to occasionally work additional hours to meet project deadlines.
1. Research and analysis leading to the completion of medium/complex end to end solution design.
2. Independently resolving and documenting medium/complex problems to meet business needs as pertain to the technical capacity of the applications.
3. Provides input to test strategies / test functions / test cases.
4. Participating in walkthroughs of applications during various stages of the project.
5. Providing guidance and advice to Developers and Business Analysts to meet project objectives.
6. Understanding interfaces with current Bank systems.
7. Actively participating in the systems implementation process.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must have 5 -8 years of progressive technical working experience with advanced business systems analysis.
- Must possess working knowledge of investment instruments: Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP), Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA), Mutual Funds (MF), High Interest Savings Account (HISA), and Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC), etc...
- Possess good knowledge of the end-to-end workflows among the front, middle, and back offices.
- Possess the following attributes: creative, self-starter, results-oriented, highly motivated & excellent analytical skills.
- Possess the ability to apply the acquired knowledge to assist in the resolution of medium/complex problems.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal/written/presentation) and negotiation skills in order to build consensus, exercise diplomacy and obtain cooperation from business users and development teams.
- Possess effective time management and organization skills with the ability to use diplomacy, judgment, and persuasion to secure agreement and co-operation from various stakeholders.
- Possess a good understanding of current IT practices, systems development techniques & relational databases.
- Technical working experience with UNIX, Java, XML & HTML is a strong asset.
- Working experience with full or hybrid Agile methodology is a strong asset.
- Post-secondary education in business, computers, or a related discipline.
- Completion of the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Certifications (Entry Certificate in Business Analysis™ - ECBA® or Certification of Capability in Business Analysis™ - CCBA® or Certified Business Analysis Professional™ - CBAP® or Certified Business Analysis Thought Leader™ - CBATL™) is an asset.
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.